JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Headlights w/ Fogs ADD-ON??? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/headlights-w-fogs-add-1274707/)

silver08kk 10-09-2011 01:58 PM

Headlights w/ Fogs ADD-ON???

Just wondering if anyone out there has swapped out their no fog light headlights for the one with fogs. I'm aware that a kit can be purchased for my 08...really want the fogs, just wanted to know how much of a hassle it was to put in the new wiring and switch??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Poncherello 10-09-2011 11:24 PM

Fortunately, my Lib came with them, but they do make a huge difference when you drive, even with stock bulbs. The fog plus healdights are brighter then my brights when looking down at the road but the brights by themselves shine higher and further like they are supppose to do. Often, when i drive with them at night I usually get flashed it's s annoying, but most of the time I leave them off. What is even more annoying are those pricks that drive with HID's. Like it's ok that you blind and annoy everyone else on the road but you should have special treatment. So I just leave the fog lights on for them becasue there special LOL!

Sorry couldn't tell you what it would cost :[

silver08kk 10-10-2011 04:45 AM

I found the kit online from a dealership, it's about $275. Just wondering about the trouble of rewiring and putting in the new column switch. I would love to have the fogs, I feel like my headlights now just have wasted space. I'll never understand why they even made them without fogs. And as far as the brightness, I run PIAA super white plus bulbs, and they are insanely brighter than stock and even SilverStar Ultras!!! But also pricier!! It was about $80 for a pair, but totally worth it!!

Poncherello 10-10-2011 08:57 PM

I have had Piaa's they are awesome I had them in my Pathfinder, and I had no use for the stock fog lights. I do agree not having the fog lights in the lights is a waiste of space. And they are expensive.

eoerikson3 05-07-2012 09:15 AM

Recycling the thread.
Has anyone tried installing the MOPAR headlight/foglight w/ switch kit that was available on the earlier KKs but apparently not available for a 2011? I am considering doing this upgrade if it will work on my 2011. I am curious if there have been any trailblazers out there that can confirm this can be applied to mine or not. It only seems to be offered on the 2008 and 2009 model years. Here is a link to the PDF instructions that make it seem like an easy enough mod.
Thanks in advance.

Bmxer524 05-07-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eoerikson3 (Post 13529364)
Recycling the thread.
Has anyone tried installing the MOPAR headlight/foglight w/ switch kit that was available on the earlier KKs but apparently not available for a 2011? I am considering doing this upgrade if it will work on my 2011. I am curious if there have been any trailblazers out there that can confirm this can be applied to mine or not. It only seems to be offered on the 2008 and 2009 model years. Here is a link to the PDF instructions that make it seem like an easy enough mod.
Thanks in advance.

I think the kit works with the 11s. You just lose auto headlights unless you buy the stalk with the auto switch

silver08kk 05-07-2012 04:07 PM

I did apply this kit to my '08. Very straight forward instructions, took about an hour.
I've heard this will work in the '11, but like its been said you loose the auto headlight feature unless you purchase another stalk separately from the one included in the kit.

Bmxer524 05-08-2012 02:11 AM

How much did the kit end up costing you overall?

silver08kk 05-08-2012 02:22 AM

I've had mine on for awhile, but if I remember correctly it was just a little south of $300. I think about $280.

Bmxer524 05-08-2012 02:23 AM

That's not bad considering its oem.

silver08kk 05-08-2012 07:20 AM

Yeah, I thought the same. It's really simple, only one hard part. You have to pull out your fuse box to access a PIN connector underneath, there you will add two wire into it that will power your lights from the use of your stalk. The directions included are very clear and easy to follow.
Even after you finish the install, you have to take your KK to the dealership and have it StarScanned. This tells the computer that you have fog lights now. They will not work unless you do this.

bagwell 05-08-2012 09:54 PM

I've had the kit for my 11 for awhile but have not had the chance to install due to weather, etc.

kbonnel 05-13-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagwell (Post 13538995)
I've had the kit for my 11 for awhile but have not had the chance to install due to weather, etc.

Hi, I am also in Denver. Will be looking forward to how your install goes. Hopefully you can take some pictures of the install.

Kimo

bagwell 05-21-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver08kk (Post 13534511)
Yeah, I thought the same. It's really simple, only one hard part. You have to pull out your fuse box to access a PIN connector underneath, there you will add two wire into it that will power your lights from the use of your stalk. The directions included are very clear and easy to follow.

installed my kit into my 2011 over the weekend - all went well except this part above - the PIN connector had plastic pins for the unused pin connectors...one of which WOULD NOT COME OUT...it eventually broke halfway inside the connector...had to disassemble to connector to push this pc out :mad:

other than that, pretty simple.

now just to get the dealer to enable the fogs and see if they work!!!!!

silver08kk 05-21-2012 06:09 PM

Sweet! I'd had experience with those pin connector blanks before, so I have an actual tool to remove them. It was worth the $10.

The time now is 01:10 AM.