Headlight covers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Headlight covers

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Halloween

Headlight covers

Got mine from Greece in record time - hell faster then I get stuff from Ohio and I live in Pa
Anyways - all the instructions are in Greek
Or
It's all Greek to me
Anyone have a link or can tell me in English?

Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Remove the plastic pop up pins that hold the top of the grill in place. Depress the 2 retention tabs top side each end. (watch the hood release cable!) Note, when you pull on the grill, there are a couple of spring clips that will be holding strong. Give it a good yank, it will come free (and be easier the next time you have the grill off). I thought I was going to break the grill! You can use a little dab of silicone to glue the cover to the headlight.

Also while you have the grill off you can do the grill Gutter Guard mod if you want. (Same for us as below)
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/j...-mods-1554565/

I did it and it works great!
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Halloween

Appreciate the English

Now I m just thinking I may want to paint them first or leave as is and later paint - maybe
Unread 08-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Suggestion, leave them unpainted for a bit. See if you like the look. If your truck is not black, you may want to color match. I like the contrast on mine, but have seen others color match theirs and they look nice.
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #5
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I painted mine to match with a can of touch up (spray) I got from the dealer.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #6
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Btw, you may want to get a tube of clear RTV. The stuff that came with mine didn't work very well.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15
Btw, you may want to get a tube of clear RTV. The stuff that came with mine didn't work very well.
Mine is the dark army green. I kind of like the black on it but time will tell. I m in no hurry to paint. The stuff seems ok so far and with the pressure of the grill holding it against - all seems good so far
But thanks for the advice

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.