Haynes repair manual available 2002-2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Haynes repair manual available 2002-2012

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 08-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Haynes repair manual available 2002-2012

I'm not sure if everyone knows about this yet, but I just seen that Haynes now has a repair manual for the 2002-2012 Liberty. I know their limitations, but it's good to at least something to through in the tool kit.
http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/230

Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Another forum member says most of the info in the manual is for 2002-2007 Liberties. I went to a few different parts stores and they said they could get a manual for 2002-2007. Found a place with one in stock and it was only for 2002-2007. I'm wondering if they have recently updated the manual to include up to 2012. I'll send Haynes an email to confirm.
Unread 08-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
RENE65
2008 KK Liberty 

I just got the 2002-2012 Haynes to me its more 2002-2007 but it does have some 2008-2012 info. Example, they show a picture underhood to show locations of different items on the 3.7 .the picture is of a kJ and they dont have a picture underhood of a KK, same thing underneath. Dash and heater seems to be mostly kJ info and pictures . They will give extra info on some repairs for 2008-2012 when there is some difference in procedure.Basically to me its a KJ manual with some info on the KK.
RENE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 04:43 AM   #4
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Seriously, I've never liked the Haynes or Chilton manuals to be honest. Like I stated in another thread.... do a search on Lost for the 2008 Service Manual. I don't feel right giving out names and such, but trust me, it is real easy and well the price is sooooo low.... if you get my drift...

Remember.. the changes from 2008 through 2012 were trivial. Most replacement parts cover the range, so the service and repair procedures never changed.

You may have to wait a bit as well... It took about a month for the user to respond, but he did. It is a download that you save to your computer.

There is a trick to using it if you aren't still running windows XP and IE 8....

I have windows 7 with IE11. In IE11 they took away compatibility mode. You have to run the "F12 Developer Mode" window and have the html code rendered as IE8. Once you do that it runs fine. If you look at another post on here where a user is messing with his drivers window I posted the instructions and pictures from my manual.

The other choice is AllData. Personally, that is just marginally better than Haynes. I have that for the wife's Mercedes. It kinda sucks in how it is laid out but better than paying huge $$ for a Mercedes subscription. That runs hundreds of dollars.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Haynes might be invaluable to you, but not to me. I'd agree a Haynes is limited and not always accurate, but way more useful than nothing. I've done all my own repairs for close to 20 years now with just a Haynes manual and all I've ever owned were high mileage vehicles which need to be wrenched on pretty often. A factory service manual would have been great, but not necessary. I have low mileage KK now and will be getting a factory service manual at some point for it. Newer vehicles keep getting more complicated. For what they are charging for the electronic manuals, I'm not in a real hurry to get one. Mainly because I would like one that is year specific and doesn't have hoops to jump through to get the electronic manual to work.
Unread 08-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

I would buy a FSM, but they aren't Mac compatible. Which is truly disappointing.
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #7
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I have a program called VMWare Fusion on my Mac, which runs a virtual copy of Microsoft Windows for old applications that are PC-only. Fusion lets you toggle back and forth between Mac and virtual PC in a window. Another program called Parallels can do this also. Or you can run Windows out of Boot Camp from a separate partition on your hard drive, but I think it is an either-or thing when you boot up the machine, rather than running both operating systems at the same time.
Unread 08-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob K View Post
Haynes might be invaluable to you, but not to me. I'd agree a Haynes is limited and not always accurate, but way more useful than nothing. I've done all my own repairs for close to 20 years now with just a Haynes manual and all I've ever owned were high mileage vehicles which need to be wrenched on pretty often. A factory service manual would have been great, but not necessary. I have low mileage KK now and will be getting a factory service manual at some point for it. Newer vehicles keep getting more complicated. For what they are charging for the electronic manuals, I'm not in a real hurry to get one. Mainly because I would like one that is year specific and doesn't have hoops to jump through to get the electronic manual to work.
My primary reason to have the service manual, is being able to take apart complex assemblies like the dash without breaking anything. Doing minor / moderate mechanical repairs I do not use the manual either.

Also, year specific is sooooo 1970. LOL (just a little ribbing... I've been working on my own stuff for over 20 years myself)..

Seriously, car makers have all gotten away from year to year changes and basically run in generations. In this case, you really only need one manual to cover the whole run from 2008 to 2012. So, say, while the 2011 has a different steering wheel and different computer protocols, the steering column is still the same, so the wheel mounts the same, and the computers are all still in the same place...

I guess I'm harping on about it because I used to be a "paper manual only" person... Until I couldn't get one for my 2003 Accord. The only thing was an electronic on CD. So I reluctantly got one. Now, I wouldn't go back. I am able to look at stuff beforehand with a simple search. Browse on my computer. Pull sheets from it to post on sites like this to help others out. And last but no least, print out work sheets for the job at hand that I don't care how dirty they get. They just get tossed out when I'm done.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

I'm familiar with VMWare Fusion and Parallels. Neither one of them are great options. Doable. But I haven't invested that much extra yet. Especially since the only thing I would use it for is the FMS
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton View Post
I'm familiar with VMWare Fusion and Parallels. Neither one of them are great options. Doable. But I haven't invested that much extra yet. Especially since the only thing I would use it for is the FMS
Yeah, I already have Fusion because of the software I need to run for work.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.