Hauling a Motorcycle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Hauling a Motorcycle

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Hauling a Motorcycle

Hello Hello,

Recent purchase of a Motorcycle. Just spent more than I should on the bike and now looking for all my options to haul it around. I've looked at trailers and hitch mounts. I'm wondering if anyone on here with bike has any advice or suggestions as to how I should go abouts doing it.

(poor quality photo, high quality bike )

Cheers

LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 04:23 AM   #2
TJ's02TJ
2012 KK Liberty 

I think that bike is going to be to heavy for a hitch mount. You will most likely be limited to hauling it with a trailer.

Nice bike btw.

Gone but not forgotten. '02 TJ 4cyl. 2" Skyjacker Spacer Lift 31" General Grabber AT 2.
TJ's02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

I think the tongue weight for our Mopar 2 inch receiver is 500 lbs. How much does the motorcycle and a hitch-carrier weigh?
Unread 07-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

I can't see your pic but I use my hitch mount for moving my dirtbike. It weighs 250lbs and I still get nervous.

If you have anything heavier I suggest a trailer
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #5
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward
I think the tongue weight for our Mopar 2 inch receiver is 500 lbs. How much does the motorcycle and a hitch-carrier weigh?
Dry weight is right around 250/275. I'm not sure about the hitch mount. I found smaller utility trailer 4x8/4x7 for around $300-$400 on Craigslist and will probably end up with that.

Second note..any one selling a hitch?

The bike is a KTM 525 xc-w
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
kiwi_outdoors
1997 XJ Cherokee 

towing a 'cycle

I have used a 4x8 harbor freight trailer, and recently moved to a "Stinger" MC-specific trailer. The latter is much easier to load-unload, and folds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.