JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Had some spare LED STRIPS left over; decided to install em on the front [PICS] (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/had-some-spare-led-strips-left-over-decided-install-em-front-pics-1726914/)

JSAN 10-27-2013 12:33 AM

Had some spare LED STRIPS left over; decided to install em on the front [PICS]
 
I bought some LED strips to light up the walkway and had a bit of strip left over. So I decided to install em on the front and see how they looked.

They looked not too bad. I wanted to keep the LEDs hidden and that worked out really well. you can't see them from the outside.

I also avoided the individually lit LEDs effect, Where you see each LED lit up. I just wanted the white glow of the LEDs which is what I got.


Some pics:


http://i.imgur.com/JGp0YOZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PS7EKwj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zeBdJ8R.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tZkfsqT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fDKpp9C.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PjsoKIQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hBHG9tR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/r08ZSD5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/k0Osmf0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8QWoKmT.jpg

Gageraid 10-27-2013 08:30 AM

Can you drive around like that? You'd get pulled over in a second where I'm from.
Looks like you did a good job though.

JSAN 10-27-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gageraid (Post 17190546)
Can you drive around like that? You'd get pulled over in a second where I'm from.
Looks like you did a good job though.

What would be the reason to get pulled over? These are just LEDs not HIDs or Off road lights. same as the ones on Audis or any new gen vehicles.

I've seen people get pulled over for having HIDs in non-projector housings and that's not that common either.

tommudd 10-27-2013 09:37 AM

Most all codes state that you can only have so many forward facing lights on while driving. Most cases its headlights and fog lights so 4 total. What you see on the higher end cars now they are using them as running or and tirns so they meet the code.
While yours are not actually forward facing lights they are lights and are distracting. Will you get by with them, possibly, but good luck

Gageraid 10-27-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommudd (Post 17191802)
Most all codes state that you can only have so many forward facing lights on while driving. Most cases its headlights and fog lights so 4 total. What you see on the higher end cars now they are using them as running or and tirns so they meet the code.
While yours are not actually forward facing lights they are lights and are distracting. Will you get by with them, possibly, but good luck

This. A good cop will pull you over that knows the law. Cops are pretty brutal my neck of the woods.

Gageraid 10-27-2013 05:59 PM

Also, if mounted behind the grille, they'd be illegal in New Jersey.

Dewphy 10-28-2013 09:42 AM

I really like how this looks, great job! Im always thinking of inexpensive ways to make the kk look more "up to date". Retrofitting projectors do this easily but at a decent cost. Honestly, I would like to copy you haha This adds a great effect, making it look more like the new cars on the road.

What led strips did you use? Again, good job, looks great!

JSAN 10-28-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewphy (Post 17217786)
I really like how this looks, great job! Im always thinking of inexpensive ways to make the kk look more "up to date". Retrofitting projectors do this easily but at a decent cost. Honestly, I would like to copy you haha This adds a great effect, making it look more like the new cars on the road.

What led strips did you use? Again, good job, looks great!

After seeing my setup, my friend wanted one for his truck. So he went out and bought this
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/max-led-.../6000069712299
http://www.amazon.com/Alpena-77703-W.../dp/B00D1SWPPG

the brightness was the same as mine.

Dewphy 10-29-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSAN (Post 17244482)
After seeing my setup, my friend wanted one for his truck. So he went out and bought this
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/max-led-.../6000069712299
http://www.amazon.com/Alpena-77703-W.../dp/B00D1SWPPG

the brightness was the same as mine.

I will definitely check them out. Thanks!

myfirstjeep1 11-01-2013 07:33 PM

Any picture of where they are installed?

JSAN 11-02-2013 04:16 PM

I'll try to get some more pics later with the lights off.

http://i.imgur.com/KGszGDJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mVqpJnm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TNWuZ3R.jpg

myfirstjeep1 11-02-2013 05:34 PM

On the fence about it. It is indeed totally different of an approach, which is always the way I tend to go. I like to make my truck different from all the others. Hmmm. I was going to buy the angel eyes fitted for our lights, never seen anyone with em. Its a toss up now

huntb 11-05-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myfirstjeep1 (Post 17378842)
On the fence about it. It is indeed totally different of an approach, which is always the way I tend to go. I like to make my truck different from all the others. Hmmm. I was going to buy the angel eyes fitted for our lights, never seen anyone with em. Its a toss up now

Save your money and spend it on something useful. People trying to make their Jeeps look like European SUVs... smh :topicsucks:

shawnicles 11-05-2013 11:22 AM

I think it looks pretty good to be honest. Wouldn't do it to mine but I like it.


The time now is 02:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.