H13-3 assistance on high beams - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > H13-3 assistance on high beams

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

H13-3 assistance on high beams

Hello everyone

having some issues with my HID BI XENON

I know the whole dont put HIDs in halogen housings this isn't a discussion on that.

I have my relay in and the bi xenon will not operate on the Hi beam side everything is grounded....but when the car is off and i flash the hi beam stalk I do get the headlights to go on..... any assistance ?

Thanks

Unread 12-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
bagwell
2011 KK Liberty 

humm that's a new one to me.....

did you try to call the place where you purchased?

assuming you have the bulbs that move for hi-beam?

I have a couple of kits and I haven't been happy with them....next up is the HIDExtra kit...this one has HID lo beams and small halogen high beams.
bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

thats my next step bagwell
Unread 12-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Could always put the right bulbs in there, and it would work properly, but I know, you dont want good advice here, sorry.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Could always put the right bulbs in there, and it would work properly, but I know, you dont want good advice here, sorry.
are you referring to halogens sir?
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

That is what was spec'd originally, by DC, and what is DOT compliant on your vehicle. If you are having problems seeing at night, in town, I suggest having your headlight aiming checked. If yours lis lifted, some adjustment may be warranted. If you are having problems out of town, then fog/driving lights may be warranted. Problems with doing HID conversions on halogen based reflectors, is you are blinding other drivers. To not care about them is reckless and careless, and looks poorly on the offroading community. Adding lights you can turn on and off seperately, at least makes more sense. Dont need the HID retina burners in town, but in the country, with no traffic, there is a use for them.
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
92rado

He is just asking for help troubleshooting his light problem. He didnt ask for your input on why he should have HID.
92rado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

i have re aligned my lamps so they dont blind people i have tested this with another one of my cars parked infront of me and they are not blinding but thanks for your input...and not providing any assistance
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
bagwell
2011 KK Liberty 

have you disconnected then reconnected everything?

and altho its a pain, have you tried swapping the bulbs L to R and vice versa? you'd be amazed, sometimes this works miracles.
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92rado View Post
He is just asking for help troubleshooting his light problem. He didnt ask for your input on why he should have HID.
I offered assistance. If he put the stuff that was meant to be installed, he wouldnt have a problem

Alot of those conversion kits are chinese junk, so its possible there is a problem with them. Other then that, I cant condone criminal mischief, sorry
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
bagwell
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
I cant condone criminal mischief, sorry
OMG, what a criminal....I'm sure he so wants, needs and asked for your approval to install HIDs

: laugh:
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

bagwell hmm i should try to swap left to right id be surprised ! lol

Happy Holidays Thanks will report back
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
92rado

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok

I offered assistance. If he put the stuff that was meant to be installed, he wouldnt have a problem

Alot of those conversion kits are chinese junk, so its possible there is a problem with them. Other then that, I cant condone criminal mischief, sorry
Haha ok
92rado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
jeepster-d
2009 KK Liberty 

Well, a suggestion is it may be a current related issue. I don't know how "smart" the computers are in cars these days but I know systems that monitor current can take action (or refuse to take action) if an over-current is detected. Not a breaker or fuse but, it's a different kind of protection where if too much current is detected in an intelligent system that system can decide to not turn on a requested component. If installation of the brighter lights creates that kind of over current situation, and the controlling computer is smart enough, it may decide to not allow that device to be turned on. Why would it work when the engine is off and not while the engine is running? Maybe overall system current is low enough when the engine is not running that it's OK.

Test it by turning your key to the RUN position (not just accessory - turn on the engine ignition but don't turn it far enough to start the engine), turn on all accessories - radio, fog lights, rear window defroster, wipers, blower motor, etc. - then turn on the lights. If loading everything down while the engine is off now keeps your lights from coming in - it's an over current situation. If it's not - then its probably just cheap chinese wiring ...

And ... though it's not a "criminal act" to put HID lights in your car where local or state law says they're explicitly prohibited for on road use, is probably a misdemeanor. I know, cops won't pursue that kind of thing but I have to say no matter how those lights are aimed they are too bright to be used on the road - hence the prohibited part. Personally, I'm going to add a small bumper bar and put a couple lights on it.
jeepster-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #15
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster-d View Post
Well, a suggestion is it may be a current related issue. I don't know how "smart" the computers are in cars these days but I know systems that monitor current can take action (or refuse to take action) if an over-current is detected. Not a breaker or fuse but, it's a different kind of protection where if too much current is detected in an intelligent system that system can decide to not turn on a requested component. If installation of the brighter lights creates that kind of over current situation, and the controlling computer is smart enough, it may decide to not allow that device to be turned on. Why would it work when the engine is off and not while the engine is running? Maybe overall system current is low enough when the engine is not running that it's OK.

Test it by turning your key to the RUN position (not just accessory - turn on the engine ignition but don't turn it far enough to start the engine), turn on all accessories - radio, fog lights, rear window defroster, wipers, blower motor, etc. - then turn on the lights. If loading everything down while the engine is off now keeps your lights from coming in - it's an over current situation. If it's not - then its probably just cheap chinese wiring ...

And ... though it's not a "criminal act" to put HID lights in your car where local or state law says they're explicitly prohibited for on road use, is probably a misdemeanor. I know, cops won't pursue that kind of thing but I have to say no matter how those lights are aimed they are too bright to be used on the road - hence the prohibited part. Personally, I'm going to add a small bumper bar and put a couple lights on it.

What kind of bumper bar im leaning towards the MOPAR STUPID EXPENSIVE ONE lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.