Gun safe - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Gun safe

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Gun safe

What kind of gun safe is everyone using in their KK? Where are you mounting it?

Dave

Unread 08-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

You say it like everyone has one lol
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

It looks like one would fit under the driver seat, maybe the passenger side. I've been looking but not very hard yet. The push button ones look interesting.
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

my waist.
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Don't keep mine in a safe, it does no good locked up. Only safe with my guns has to do with the safety,lol.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

What about somewhere in the center console? Within your reach.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #7
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Some places will not allow you to take your firearm inside so it may be necessary to temporarily lock it up. 4 Wheel Parts sells them for the JK but I don't know if they'll fit...yet. They use the seat bolts to mount them to the floor so you don't have to drill any holes.
Unread 08-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #8
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Some places will not allow you to take your firearm inside so it may be necessary to temporarily lock it up. 4 Wheel Parts sells them for the JK but I don't know if they'll fit...yet. They use the seat bolts to mount them to the floor so you don't have to drill any holes.
Keep it out of plain sight, do not let others know you carry, do not let others see you carry to or from your vehicle, and if it is a business that posts a gun buster sign on the door, protect your rights and spend money elsewhere. Now schools, banks and govt offices are a different matter. If I know I am going straight to those places, I usually leave it at home.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Mattyvac
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Keep it out of plain sight, do not let others know you carry, do not let others see you carry to or from your vehicle, and if it is a business that posts a gun buster sign on the door, protect your rights and spend money elsewhere. Now schools, banks and govt offices are a different matter. If I know I am going straight to those places, I usually leave it at home.
You can carry in a bank in FL.
Mattyvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

In Canada, we don't have this issue. HAHAHAHA
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnicles View Post
In Canada, we don't have this issue. HAHAHAHA
If your referring to all the restrictions on handguns a least you have a sense of humor about your situation.lol
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok

I agree but there are times when I want to lock it up and I'm sure I'll run into a gun buster sign on a door that I want to enter but they're few and far between these days. I haven't seen one, except on govt buildings, since I started carrying.
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #13
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

I thought the lib came with a gun safe mounted in them already?

...You mean that's not what that elastic strap beside the drivers seat is meant for? Oops!

Sent from my White Samsung
2008 White Liberty Ltd. - K&N 77 series intake - Airaid Throttle Body spacer - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's with LED mod - Warn Rear Recovery Hitch w/D-shackle - JBA UCA's and 3.5" Lift pkg. - 265/65/r18 BFG A/T Ko's
WhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #14
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRider
I thought the lib came with a gun safe mounted in them already?

...You mean that's not what that elastic strap beside the drivers seat is meant for? Oops!

Sent from my White Samsung
No...that's the holster ;-)
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
Gonkulator
2010 KK Liberty 

The whole point of concealed carry is so that no one knows you have it on you. I don't lock mine in a safe, it is on me at all times when I'm out of the house.

If you have to go to the bank, use the drive through.
Gonkulator is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.