JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Gun safe (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/gun-safe-1566971/)

Dave_B 08-25-2013 03:41 PM

Gun safe
 
What kind of gun safe is everyone using in their KK? Where are you mounting it?

Dave

AtTheHelm 08-25-2013 04:49 PM

You say it like everyone has one lol

Ted15 08-25-2013 05:29 PM

It looks like one would fit under the driver seat, maybe the passenger side. I've been looking but not very hard yet. The push button ones look interesting.

carlosburitica 08-25-2013 09:34 PM

my waist.

streetglideok 08-25-2013 09:42 PM

Don't keep mine in a safe, it does no good locked up. Only safe with my guns has to do with the safety,lol.

Gageraid 08-25-2013 11:48 PM

What about somewhere in the center console? Within your reach.

Ted15 08-26-2013 03:33 AM

Some places will not allow you to take your firearm inside so it may be necessary to temporarily lock it up. 4 Wheel Parts sells them for the JK but I don't know if they'll fit...yet. They use the seat bolts to mount them to the floor so you don't have to drill any holes.

streetglideok 08-26-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted15 (Post 15836763)
Some places will not allow you to take your firearm inside so it may be necessary to temporarily lock it up. 4 Wheel Parts sells them for the JK but I don't know if they'll fit...yet. They use the seat bolts to mount them to the floor so you don't have to drill any holes.

Keep it out of plain sight, do not let others know you carry, do not let others see you carry to or from your vehicle, and if it is a business that posts a gun buster sign on the door, protect your rights and spend money elsewhere. Now schools, banks and govt offices are a different matter. If I know I am going straight to those places, I usually leave it at home.

Mattyvac 08-26-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetglideok (Post 15836912)
Keep it out of plain sight, do not let others know you carry, do not let others see you carry to or from your vehicle, and if it is a business that posts a gun buster sign on the door, protect your rights and spend money elsewhere. Now schools, banks and govt offices are a different matter. If I know I am going straight to those places, I usually leave it at home.

You can carry in a bank in FL.

shawnicles 08-26-2013 10:57 AM

In Canada, we don't have this issue. HAHAHAHA

Rob K 08-26-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnicles (Post 15837762)
In Canada, we don't have this issue. HAHAHAHA

If your referring to all the restrictions on handguns a least you have a sense of humor about your situation.lol

Ted15 08-26-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetglideok

Keep it out of plain sight, do not let others know you carry, do not let others see you carry to or from your vehicle, and if it is a business that posts a gun buster sign on the door, protect your rights and spend money elsewhere. Now schools, banks and govt offices are a different matter. If I know I am going straight to those places, I usually leave it at home.

I agree but there are times when I want to lock it up and I'm sure I'll run into a gun buster sign on a door that I want to enter but they're few and far between these days. I haven't seen one, except on govt buildings, since I started carrying.

WhiteRider 08-26-2013 10:20 PM

I thought the lib came with a gun safe mounted in them already?

...You mean that's not what that elastic strap beside the drivers seat is meant for? Oops!

Sent from my White Samsung

Ted15 08-27-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRider
I thought the lib came with a gun safe mounted in them already?

...You mean that's not what that elastic strap beside the drivers seat is meant for? Oops!

Sent from my White Samsung

No...that's the holster ;-)

Gonkulator 08-28-2013 11:19 AM

The whole point of concealed carry is so that no one knows you have it on you. I don't lock mine in a safe, it is on me at all times when I'm out of the house.

If you have to go to the bank, use the drive through.


The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.