grill guard - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > grill guard

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 11-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
luvsjeeps

grill guard

seriously!? does nobody make a grill guard for a 2012 jeep liberty!? i mean one that will actually protect the front grill and headlights from a deer? we bought our liberty in august and have hunted for one since! someone, please help!? we don't even know anyone who can build one! thanks!

luvsjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Almost all grill gaurds on the market today are just purely for show and offer no added protection and actually cause more damage then if one was not installed.Sorry but true.
Unread 11-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
harp666
2012 KK Liberty 

Yes..mopar does...I have one on my 2012 liberty jet.
harp666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002
Almost all grill gaurds on the market today are just purely for show and offer no added protection and actually cause more damage then if one was not installed.Sorry but true.
I have to agree, a buddy of mine who owns a body shop salivates over vehicles with pushbars/brush guards. They are purely cosmetic bling. When in fact put under impact try do certainly cause more damage. Bar usually ends up bending causing damage to grill, hood and even chassis on occasions when crash alone may have only damaged a fender. So if your truly looking for protection only may not want to bother with costly item. If it is for looks then "do it". Just my opinion...but you know what opinions are like!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

The only brush/grill guard that I know of that is strong enough that it might protect against a deer strike is the "Big Tube Bar" by East Coast Bullbars. (That's the east coast of AUSTRALIA, in case you were wondering) It is a complete bumper replacement with integrated brush guard, bull bar, winch mount, tow shackles and light mount points. Everything you could possibly want. Ain't cheap though. Not entirely sure what they cost, but I'd guess a few grand PLUS you have to then have it shipped overseas to your location (Unless you live in Australia, in which case, Good on ya' Mate!).

That said, you would have the single most awesome aftermarket KK bumper available on your Liberty. I guess it all depends on how much money you have to burn on it.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
luvsjeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by harp666 View Post
Yes..mopar does...I have one on my 2012 liberty jet.
can you post a pic? is it useful or just for decoration? thanks!
luvsjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsjeeps View Post
can you post a pic? is it useful or just for decoration? thanks!
It's mostly a decoration. The Mopar one is a STICK ON bar. You read that right. It sticks on with super-strong double-sided tape to the plastic bumper. It is meant to improve the looks and provide a place to hang a couple lights. That's it.
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Actually, I wonder if the Matrix brush guard by JBA would fit on a KK? You'd probably have to leave off the removable side bars and just use the center portion, but I wonder if it would fit?

Sent an email to them to find out. the Matrix is a really nice brush guard. Even if only the center section fits, it'd be a great addition to any KK.
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
Actually, I wonder if the Matrix brush guard by JBA would fit on a KK? You'd probably have to leave off the removable side bars and just use the center portion, but I wonder if it would fit?

Sent an email to them to find out. the Matrix is a really nice brush guard. Even if only the center section fits, it'd be a great addition to any KK.
It will fit, bolts on the same anyways
Have one here laying on the bench waiting for a KK to test fit it on
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
It will fit, bolts on the same anyways
Have one here laying on the bench waiting for a KK to test fit it on
Nice! Is that the KJ version or did you have to pick up the one for the Grand Cherokee or Commander?

Also, do the side bars fit or will you have to leave them off?

EDIT: typo correction
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Nice! Is that the JK version or did you have to pick up the one for the Grand Cherokee or Commander?

It's the KJ version(not JK).
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
It's the KJ version(not JK).
Oops typo! Corrected.
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Nice! Is that the KJ version or did you have to pick up the one for the Grand Cherokee or Commander?

EDIT: typo correction
They are the same for Grands and KJs
I did a test fit on 05-07 KJs and needed slight work on the mounting bracket , one corner cut off . But other wise it will fit pretty sure, I know the center section will with just some minor cutting
Grands and KJs use the same bar by the way
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
They are the same for Grands and KJs
I did a test fit on 05-07 KJs and needed slight work on the mounting bracket , one corner cut off . But other wise it will fit pretty sure, I know the center section will with just some minor cutting
Grands and KJs use the same bar by the way
Awesome! I hope you put up a mounting guide so others can do it too.
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Marlin ( JBA) already knows and making corrections to the brackets so all going out will work now.
Did the testing for him
Like I said when I find a KK local that has some time we'll try it and post pictures / mods needed on JBAs site and his facebook page

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.