GPS Tracking and Anti-theft - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > GPS Tracking and Anti-theft

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

GPS Tracking and Anti-theft

In case of theft, I want to know where my Libby has gone to ASAP. These are vehicle tracking system that can help you recover it before it is chopped up for parts at a local chop shop.

(When a stolen for parts or a car goes to a chop shop, the battery is immediately disconnected and allowed to "cool down".)

You can track your vehicle activities in real time.

I would get this one for a young driver.

SURETRACK GPS-10

Sure Track GPS-10 is a small vehicle-powered GPS device. It simply plugs into the OBD port found on the bottom edge of the dashboard of most vehicles manufactured since 1996 - eliminating installation challenges found in traditional tracking devices. It can also be switched between vehicles to provide the ultimate in flexibility.

Sure Track GPS-10 Pro
Sure Track GPS-10 PRO is a miniature vehicle-powered GPS device intended for professional permanent mounting under the dash with electrical connections to vehicle's power and ignition

Click the link to watch the video.
http://www.gpssuretrack.com/?gclid=C...FVZc2godbD5o6Q

personal-banner.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

why would some1 steal a liberty?
especially for the chop shop?
i mean i saw 2 KK liberties on my local junk yard and its pretty small!
i leave mine anywhere and mostly i fear about it being keyed up or windows broken, but i doubt thieves would steal it, not for parts and not for a joyride
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

This is Mopar tracking system. Two things I don't like about it, 1. It connects to the diagnostic port.... easy disconnect for theives. 2. No " I locked the keys in the car, open door please" feature....

— Cloud based Intranet solutions. — Contact us for a quote. www.iTRAK.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS)

Mopar’s Electronic Vehicle Tracking System, launched in late September 2010, allows owners to find out where their car is, and whether it is being driven too fast or too far — via text message. The Mopar system uses Guidepoint Systems’ tracking network to provide nationwide tracking, and is available on any Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, or Ram vehicle with a 16-pin diagnostic data port.

The Base plan has a stolen vehicle locator with real-time tracking and a thousand-dollar theft protection warranty; it is transferable and upgradeable.

There is no subscription fee with the Base plan.

Silver adds the “Security Fence,” so owners can set speed and distance parameters for their vehicles; a text alert is sent to the owner if the parameters are exceeded. The Silver plan also includes arrival/departure notification, historic trace maps of a vehicle’s past locations, 24/7 emergency service dispatch, automatic theft notification, online tracking (up to 200 per year) and OnCall,™ an on-board panic button.

The Gold plan includes Silver features, plus unlimited online tracking and a full concierge service, allowing vehicle owners to receive directions, make reservations and receive other needed assistance at the touch of a button using the EVTS registered owner’s cell phone.

Silver and Gold packages are available as a one-year, renewable service plan. The Gold Service Plan is available only at the time of activation; owners cannot upgrade to Gold. Optional service plans do not require additional hardware or installation charges.

The Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System is currently available as a Mopar accessory at Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, and Ram dealers.

The Mopar EVTS Base Plan (part 82212457) costs $459 plus installation.

The Silver Plan (part 82212459) costs $149 per year.

The Gold Plan (available only at the time of installation) costs $249 per year.

http://www.mopar.com/accessories/evts.html
mopar_evts.jpg  
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
why would some1 steal a liberty?
especially for the chop shop?
i mean i saw 2 KK liberties on my local junk yard and its pretty small!
i leave mine anywhere and mostly i fear about it being keyed up or windows broken, but i doubt thieves would steal it, not for parts and not for a joyride
yea..... If your Libby gets stolen, you will be upset. Trust me , you will be
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

nah, i'll just go get another one
i would be much more upset about my civic with the swapped and modded engine being stolen. i have too much energy and time invested into it
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
nah, i'll just go get another one
i would be much more upset about my civic with the swapped and modded engine being stolen. i have too much energy and time invested into it
lol..... OMG, you are into those honda too huh? my neighbors kid has one of those sh!tvic... excuse me civic .... it is lowered to the ground loud exhaust and always talking about vtic, jdm, ba16, and a whole bunch of 4ner crap. I told him when his chivic can go offroading and can mud bog, I will care to listen...
Unread 01-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

the only thing left from the civic is the hull, the rest is all aftermarket, it looks stock and sounds almost stock, but it sure has 290 hp to the wheels and gets 12.9 for the 1/4 mile and auto X is also tons of fun.
those cheap lowering kits and bucket exhausts and b16 engines is kids play. civic on its own is not much of a car, but when it has a k20a engine with a 6 speed manual, with kpro ecu and swapped camshafts/valves and springs, then its a beast
and for the offroad i use our wrangler rubicon, with all the respect for the liberty, its not much of an offroader comparing to the rubi with its solid axles and lockers and the transfer case.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.