GIBSON exhaust!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > GIBSON exhaust!!!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 07-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

GIBSON exhaust!!!

Package came today, took maybe 10 minutes to take the old pipes/muffler off (including time to find sawzall in garage) by myself. Less than 30 to put the new one on with help from a friend. For just 300$ and that easy install, I am nothing but happy! Sounds great, holds a pretty low throaty tone throughout acceleration, doesn't get ricy at all. Harder to hear when you are flooring it, there's a lot of noise coming from up front, but just giving it a little you can hear it well and its awesome! Thanks to all who gave suggestions and everything, I would definitely agree and recommend this exhaust!!

Liberty09MN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty09MN View Post
Package came today, took maybe 10 minutes to take the old pipes/muffler off (including time to find sawzall in garage) by myself. Less than 30 to put the new one on with help from a friend. For just 300$ and that easy install, I am nothing but happy! Sounds great, holds a pretty low throaty tone throughout acceleration, doesn't get ricy at all. Harder to hear when you are flooring it, there's a lot of noise coming from up front, but just giving it a little you can hear it well and its awesome! Thanks to all who gave suggestions and everything, I would definitely agree and recommend this exhaust!!
It makes the v6 actually sound decent.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid View Post
It makes the v6 actually sound decent.
I'd say so! Just had a nice little night drive, all calm and quiet outside, except me! I am just loving this thing! Question! Did you cut the end of the new pipe at all before putting the tip on? Mine sticks out a little past where it touches the bumper, so you can see the gibson engraving on top plus a little more. The end of the pipe comes pretty far into the tip, would cutting the end and having more flow through the tip make it louder? Or is the tip mostly decoration, this is my first aftermarket exhaust I am not very familiar with the components and how they effect everything.
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

You can push the tip a little further on closer to the front of the Jeep. It's going to stick out a little still though. I've experimented with the tip on and off and haven't noticed any difference, but they say any tip or change in the exhaust system will change the tone slightly.
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
You can push the tip a little further on closer to the front of the Jeep. It's going to stick out a little still though. I've experimented with the tip on and off and haven't noticed any difference, but they say any tip or change in the exhaust system will change the tone slightly.
I see, I'll take a picture later, maybe mine pipe was just longer. But say the tip is 12 inches long for easy math, I slid the tip on 10 inches onto the tail pipe. Looking from behind I can see the tail pipe inside the tip, its only about an inch back inside the pipe. Sooo with the tip being 3 or 3.5 and the tail pipe being 2.5, I am only getting that one inch or so of flow through the tip. Gonna take a smoke break I'll get a picture uploaded in a few.

**Edit - pictures... So my thought is that more flow inside the tip would definitely have a change on the tone?

Unread 08-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Looks almost spot on to how far mine is. If you get sick of the chrome you can paint it black like I did.
Unread 08-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Looks almost spot on to how far mine is. If you get sick of the chrome you can paint it black like I did.
I was probably going to plasti-dip it when I get around to doing the body, supposed to withstand some heat, so we'll see. Does your tip touch the bumper like mine does? Looks like a little melting already... I think I am going to experiment with the tip, pull it all the way back to the conversion point and see if/what the difference in sound is. Probably a good idea before I go hacking away on new pipes!
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

I have plastidip on mine. Going for a drive in a few minutes. I wanna say it's not touching the bumper but I'll double check for ya.
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
Liberty09MN
2009 KK Liberty 

I'll just have a custom molded bumper when its done melting haha, there's not much upwards pressure on it though, just resting right underneath. Also another reason for an aftermarket rear bumper! Mo money, mo problems right
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

I painted mine white and tucked it. Congrats on the Gibson!
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #11
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Took these pics for ya today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.