Getting rid of my liberty... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Getting rid of my liberty...

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 12-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Getting rid of my liberty...

Trading in the 2009 Sport liberty for a 2011 wrangler sport.

Gettin 14,500 for the trade in, jeep had 22,500 miles, very clean in and out, grill guard and boiler shims. cost of wrangler is 29,000.

I wanted to lift the liberty and slap tires on it, but it seems the only way to lift a liberty properly is to spend $3,000 whereas a stock wrangler already comes ready to go and can be further expanded from there for far less money than the liberty.

So long KK forum.

JFD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD140 View Post
Trading in the 2009 Sport liberty for a 2011 wrangler sport.

Gettin 14,500 for the trade in, jeep had 22,500 miles, very clean in and out, grill guard and boiler shims. cost of wrangler is 29,000.

I wanted to lift the liberty and slap tires on it, but it seems the only way to lift a liberty properly is to spend $3,000 whereas a stock wrangler already comes ready to go and can be further expanded from there for far less money than the liberty.

So long KK forum.
Just wiat at how much it costs to properly lift a JK,no less cost then a KK.
Unread 12-09-2010, 04:06 AM   #3
armedsks
2009 JK Wrangler 

We went through this with my wifes 08 Liberty. Didnt want to put any strain on the Lifetime powertrain warranty. (front axle)

My inlaws 06 liberty has a bad front wheel bearing gong bad. (86k) The lifetime powertrain warranty will cover this on ours.

Life is much easier with my 09 Jk. The solid axle are much more forgiving when it comes to lifts. just have to make sure to adjust your steering wheel, or you wilkl be fighting your ESP often!
armedsks is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.