Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Getting a lift installed locally

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  4x4chiko 
#1 ·
I started putting feelers out to see what its going to cost to install an OME lift.

I thought I was going to get lucky as I went to a local shop to get new speakers, amp and sub installed. Walked in the door and on the floor was a huge box that was OME..I said hey do you guys do that as well, guy said yep they do all kinds of custom stuff and that was for an older Ranger Rover. Well I wasnt real happy with the stereo install, had to tweak alot myself after the fact, things that they should have had set right from the start, so Im not going to have them do it, just a gut feeling.

So today I dropped by the local 4wheel parts here in the N Dallas area, and they said, Nope...wont touch a Liberty or a Commander...I said Im no mechanic or anything, but seems like you guys could put on these springs and shocks easy enough. They said the couple they have done that its hard to get it aligned and the people complained...Had one guy about to say that they would try, but I said I might want to go ahead and get the JBA arms thrown on there since they are down there working...that was the end, said no way, wont do it. Pretty sad really and for this I think I will never shop those guys for anything...

I know , some will reply to do it yourself. I just dont have the space, time or tools to do it and want it done right..There is a really big 4x4 shop close by, but Im afraid they will be backed up and too high as they are really more of a high dollar, custom 4x4 shop. But will still give them a call soon. Should be more shops in a city like Dallas...

See less See more
#4 ·
I am getting mine done by my Jeep dealership tomorrow. They are charging me $370 with alignment. They said they do it all the time.

#6 ·
i got my dealership in Canada to install my JBA UCA's. They were the ones that helped me with the issues I had with RRO sending me the wrong parts and not owning up to it. They also said it was hard to get it aligned and they had to adjust something extra to get everything into spec. I forget what it was but they said it wasn't easy.

#7 ·
When i was first inquiring about my lift, the local family owned 4x4 shop said the Liberty was NOT a good car to lift. But they recommend the daystar, and since I am not doing anything crazy off road i went with that. Paid about 2800 for everything; wheels, tires, TPMs, lift, install, alignment etc. Didn't seem too bad, and they do good work, and we've gotten to know the owners, good people!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.