Gas tank overflow everytime I fill up - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Gas tank overflow everytime I fill up

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Reply
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #31
richd
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Um,yeah.


Guess you haven't heard of the same issue after the tanks have been replaced,always came back after about a year.
Answer this question:My tank was replaced when my KK was 2Yrs.Old,and only 10K,so how is it that your 11 yr old Liberty last longer then my KK if your FALSE claim that its the gas.Plus there is only about 3-4 states that use E-15,and AZ is not one of them.You are so EASY too DEBUNK!By the way,my tank so far as been fine.Mine going on 3 yrs. of replacement.How much more BS do you have?

richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #32
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by richd View Post
Answer this question:My tank was replaced when my KK was 2Yrs.Old,and only 10K,so how is it that your 11 yr old Liberty last longer then my KK if your FALSE claim that its the gas.Plus there is only about 3-4 states that use E-15,and AZ is not one of them.You are so EASY too DEBUNK!By the way,my tank so far as been fine.Mine going on 3 yrs. of replacement.How much more BS do you have?
There are 8 listed gas stations in AZ that sell non-ethanol(unleaded) gas so that means your more then likely using gas with ethanol that can be mixed as high as 20% even if it's labeled E10 due to the mixing method and generally has been a higher mix then what is listed.Can go the otherway also and be as low as 5% but that is rare.

The key to having less issues is using premium gas as that is the exception as it generally has less then the listed 10% due to many more additives by nature of the premium price and is also monitored more closely then the low grades of gas.


What your experiancing is the placebo effect,by past experiance your take more care when filling even if your not aware or notice.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #33
richd
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,110
tjkj2002-How many TIMES do I have TOO tell you ,YOUR WRONG,and your feeding the same BS on the KJ board on fuel tanks,still blaming it on gas,when EVEN CHRYLSER admits ITS a BAD weld on the VALVE?How long is this forum going to let you continue a LIE on this and other issues.STOP FEEDING BS on these Forum is what the forum should be saying.They can clearly read the report,and TSB and know its NOT the gas that causes these problem.You are no doubt what I would call a RIFF-RAFF mechanic!
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #34
richd
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,110
tjkj2002-I know your not the sharpest tool in the shed,but do you understand these statements?

These Jeeps suffer from a defective Inlet Check Valve, incorporated into the fuel tank at the top where the fuel enters from the fuel filler tube neck during the refueling process. The ICV is designed to close when the fuel level in the tank reaches a near full level to prevent the air pressure created in the top of the fuel tank during refueling from pushing the fuel that is still in the filler neck back out of the filler tube. If the check valve fails fuel can spill or “spit back” onto the ground or the person refueling the vehicle.

Similarly, in February 2005, Chrysler recalled 2005 Dodge Durangos manufactured from March 2004 to November 2004 for the fuel tank filler tube inlet check valve. Again, the recall noted that the valve may not fully close at the end of refueling which could allow some fuel to escape from the vehicle filler neck. According to Chrysler, this was a manufacturing problem. The automaker alleged that the supplier, Inergy Automotive Systems, had not centered the valve when it was welded to the fuel tank, causing the valve to be distorted by exposure to excessive heat.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #35
richd
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,110
tjkj2002-You still havent answered 2 questions:Why wont you EVER admit your WRONG?
And why is it your fuel tank lasted longer then my KK,if gas causes the problem,with your theory,your fuel tank should have been replaced a couple times by now?
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #36
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by richd View Post
tjkj2002-I know your not the sharpest tool in the shed,but do you under stand these statements?

These Jeeps suffer from a defective Inlet Check Valve, incorporated into the fuel tank at the top where the fuel enters from the fuel filler tube neck during the refueling process. The ICV is designed to close when the fuel level in the tank reaches a near full level to prevent the air pressure created in the top of the fuel tank during refueling from pushing the fuel that is still in the filler neck back out of the filler tube. If the check valve fails fuel can spill or “spit back” onto the ground or the person refueling the vehicle.

Similarly, in February 2005, Chrysler recalled 2005 Dodge Durangos manufactured from March 2004 to November 2004 for the fuel tank filler tube inlet check valve. Again, the recall noted that the valve may not fully close at the end of refueling which could allow some fuel to escape from the vehicle filler neck. According to Chrysler, this was a manufacturing problem. The automaker alleged that the supplier, Inergy Automotive Systems, had not centered the valve when it was welded to the fuel tank, causing the valve to be distorted by exposure to excessive heat.
Sorry I don't run to google for my answers.

If you actually read that article you found you will note that they did find a manufacturing issue on some from a supplier that was limited to a few vehicles.The rest have no such flaw and many,like other vehicles,suffer the same problem in some vehicles even after the tank is replaced.


You also can not take "it's a common problem" as anything more then face value on forums like these as it is only showing less then 0.1% of all vehicles made of the same make and model.What seems like a common problem on here is from maybe what 20-30 vehicles when the total production of the KJ and KK is well over 1.2 million.Also what you experiance will be far different then what others.Stop using google and get back into a shop and work for a few years and you will see what is a common problem and what is not.



Oh and I answered it you just couldn't read,like always.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #37
richd
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Sorry I don't run to google for my answers.

If you actually read that article you found you will note that they did find a manufacturing issue on some from a supplier that was limited to a few vehicles.The rest have no such flaw and many,like other vehicles,suffer the same problem in some vehicles even after the tank is replaced.


You also can not take "it's a common problem" as anything more then face value on forums like these as it is only showing less then 0.1% of all vehicles made of the same make and model.What seems like a common problem on here is from maybe what 20-30 vehicles when the total production of the KJ and KK is well over 1.2 million.Also what you experiance will be far different then what others.Stop using google and get back into a shop and work for a few years and you will see what is a common problem and what is not.



Oh and I answered it you just couldn't read,like always.
There is NO HOPE for YOU,PLEASE see a PHSYCHIATRIST!!
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #38
eoerikson3
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by richd

There is NO HOPE for YOU,PLEASE see a PHSYCHIATRIST!!
Psychiatrist is the preferred spelling.

What is your reason for going off on him like this? It seems the article you linked to confirms what he is saying (excessive ethanol) as well as what you're saying (manufacturer defect) as far as the fuel spray issue. I don't think there is a need to attack him as you're doing. Thus far the information he has posted has been solid and helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
-Oscar
Chrome may not get you home, but sometimes it looks nice.
2011 Liberty Sport
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #39
richd
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
Psychiatrist is the preferred spelling.

What is your reason for going off on him like this? It seems the article you linked to confirms what he is saying (excessive ethanol) as well as what you're saying (manufacturer defect) as far as the fuel spray issue. I don't think there is a need to attack him as you're doing. Thus far the information he has posted has been solid and helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
First of all read the WHOLE report,not just a sentance!Second that was the BS Chrysler gave too the EPA,same BS that TROLLTroy is saying,if you READ the whole report,you will see that Chrysler finally ADMITTED it was a defect in how the valve was installed in the fuel tank.It has NOTHING to do with gas,dont FALL for his BS about gas,ITS NOT true!Troy love too HARASS me, and the MODS let him,they are buddies,so I will NOT let him tell BS when I know its BS.Just too let you know he came after me,I didnt go after him.There are 3 people on this thread who basically said it wasnt gas,yet said nothing to them.I proved my case of HARASSMENT against Troy!So dont feel sorry for him.He has some issues!
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #40
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson, New Jersey
Posts: 1,012
Gents,

Let's keep the forum respective and refrain from any personal attacks on anyone. We all are to help one another out.

Thanks

I am also experiencing gas overflow in my Lib and not certain if its from the idiot overfilling my tank or the tank itself.
__________________
When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #41
richd
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
Gents,

Let's keep the forum respective and refrain from any personal attacks on anyone. We all are to help one another out.

Thanks

I am also experiencing gas overflow in my Lib and not certain if its from the idiot overfilling my tank or the tank itself.
Then you better tell Troy too back off on his Harassment!I proved my case!
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #42
tolinger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Springfield, Ohio
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
According to the TSB, seems to have been an issue with 2005 to 2009 Libby's. I too have a 2011 and have not (knock on wood) had any issues like this either. Lets hope they worked out the kinks from 2010 on!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty and I'm taking it in on Monday to have it looked at because it has done it to me three different times at three different gas stations!
tolinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #43
222Doc
Web Wheeler
 
222Doc's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 4,940
someone stopped taking their meds/
__________________
http://www.parker4wheelers.net
www.bullhead4wheelersinc.com
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 04:46 AM   #44
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolinger

I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty and I'm taking it in on Monday to have it looked at because it has done it to me three different times at three different gas stations!
Lovely. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #45
Grsz11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21
I got a letter from Chrysler over a year ago that this was an issue, which had occurred a couple of times to me. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it no charge, no big deal.
Grsz11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.