Gas tank overflow everytime I fill up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Gas tank overflow everytime I fill up

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
To bad it plagues every vehicle maker.Same issue,ethanol swells the safety mandated rollover valve.
Nothing there that says gas did it,YOU LOSE,people are starting to see the BS you have.

richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

I thought I read something in there that said Chrysler was blaming the ethanol in gasoline. Not picking sides but I did read that.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #18
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
I thought I read something in there that said Chrysler was blaming the ethanol in gasoline. Not picking sides but I did read that.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
First of all read the article I put up,and second I had the tank replaced on my 08 KK,and NEVER used anything more then the 10% ethanol,so like others on here Chrysler was feeding the Govt.BS,and in the end Chrysler admitted what the problem was with this statement"The automaker alleged that the supplier, Inergy Automotive Systems, had not centered the valve when it was welded to the fuel tank, causing the valve to be distorted by exposure to excessive heat".
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #19
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richd View Post
First of all read the article I put up,and second I had the tank replaced on my 08 KK,and NEVER used anything more then the 10% ethanol,so like others on here Chrysler was feeding the Govt.BS,and in the end Chrysler admitted what the problem was with this statement"The automaker alleged that the supplier, Inergy Automotive Systems, had not centered the valve when it was welded to the fuel tank, causing the valve to be distorted by exposure to excessive heat".
Your gas can have Ethanol without you knowing as they mix the Ethanol in the tanker truck.

Funny thing I dug up all my tickets from last year and had 14 vehicles with the same issue I personally worked on,not one was a Jeep.
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
bsad67
2012 KK Liberty 

My sisters 2012 kk on first fill did the same thing tryen to top off. Since, she stops when pump first stops. I have only put gass in once and stop the same as her, per her problem. She can't fit .10 cents after that.
http://www.forjeepsonly.com/jeep-forum/showthread.php?108-Member-from-FABO
bsad67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #21
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Your gas can have Ethanol without you knowing as they mix the Ethanol in the tanker truck.

Funny thing I dug up all my tickets from last year and had 14 vehicles with the same issue I personally worked on,not one was a Jeep.
Your so FULL OF IT!How many people have too tell your you feeding us BS?I researched Ford & GM,and they dont have one TSB for fuel tank problem like Chrysler has.Plus if you say its true,then why hasnt your 02 Liberty have fueling problem?Chrysler themselves admitted they screwed up.Troy the TROLL is at it again,refuse too say HE'S WRONG,poor soul!
Unread 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #22
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by richd

Your so FULL OF IT!How many people have too tell your you feeding us BS?I researched Ford & GM,and they dont have one TSB for fuel tank problem like Chrysler has.Plus if you say its true,then why hasnt your 02 Liberty have fueling problem?Chrysler themselves admitted they screwed up.Troy the TROLL is at it again,refuse too say HE'S WRONG,poor soul!
Really man? In my book he's got good credibility. Can't see why you have it out for the guy so bad..
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Really man? In my book he's got good credibility. Can't see why you have it out for the guy so bad..
You dont know the history between me and Troy the troll,plus what he is saying is wrong,do you want people on here giving you wrong information?
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
AtTheHelm

Generally he gives solid information in my opinion. But thats just my opinion.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #25
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Generally he gives solid information in my opinion. But thats just my opinion.
Most of the time he does,then he gets lost and gives opinions that arent backed with facts like this situation,he cant accept facts,even when Chrysler admitted they made a mistake,you cant reason with those kind of people.
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #26
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Most of the time he does,then he gets lost and gives opinions that arent backed with facts like this situation,he cant accept facts,even when Chrysler admitted they made a mistake,you cant reason with those kind of people.
Why Ford and GM have TSB's for problems common for Chryslers and Chrysler does not have a TSB for those issues.Just like the whole KJ window regulator thing.I've replaced at least a hundred in the last 5 years and and only 1 Jeep which was a WJ,mostly change WV and BMW regulators.I work on more Jeeps then any other brand,granted there are a few more around Colorado then other areas so I do get to see the actual trends in problems 1st hand.Heck they have TSB's for the stupidest things like what soap not to wash your vehicle with.

But I don't know nothing,just been working on them for 16 years.
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #27
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsad67 View Post
My sisters 2012 kk on first fill did the same thing tryen to top off. Since, she stops when pump first stops. I have only put gass in once and stop the same as her, per her problem. She can't fit .10 cents after that.
You should never top off after the pump clicks. Could damage your EVAP system and cause a MIL
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #28
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Why Ford and GM have TSB's for problems common for Chryslers and Chrysler does not have a TSB for those issues.Just like the whole KJ window regulator thing.I've replaced at least a hundred in the last 5 years and and only 1 Jeep which was a WJ,mostly change WV and BMW regulators.I work on more Jeeps then any other brand,granted there are a few more around Colorado then other areas so I do get to see the actual trends in problems 1st hand.Heck they have TSB's for the stupidest things like what soap not to wash your vehicle with.

But I don't know nothing,just been working on them for 16 years.
First of all you still wont admit your wrong on Chrysler fuel tank problem.If you were right,then why havent you have problem with your fuel tank,you have special gas that doesnt effect your tank?Thats why what you say is ALL BS.16Yrs.is still a ROOKIE to me,when you get 25 yrs.experiance and over 40 yrs.in automotive knowledge,let me know.I forgot more then you know.Plus like me,most of the tanks were probably replaced under warranty, good reason why you dont seen too many Chrysler products with that problem.So what your saying is the TSB is a fake,because the way your talking ,there is no tank problem on Chrysler vehicle,once again cant face FACTS.
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #29
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
You should never top off after the pump clicks. Could damage your EVAP system and cause a MIL
That is debatable.
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #30
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
First of all you still wont admit your wrong on Chrysler fuel tank problem.If you were right,then why havent you have problem with your fuel tank,you have special gas that doesnt effect your tank?Thats why what you say is ALL BS.16Yrs.is still a ROOKIE to me,when you get 25 yrs.experiance and over 40 yrs.in automotive knowledge,let me know.I forgot more then you know.Plus like me,most of the tanks were probably replaced under warranty, good reason why you dont seen too many Chrysler products with that problem.So what your saying is the TSB is a fake,because the way your talking ,there is no tank problem on Chrysler vehicle,once again cant face FACTS.
Um,yeah.

Guess you haven't heard of the same issue after the tanks have been replaced,always came back after about a year.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.