Gas consumption - I really need feedback - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-11-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Kevthegrad

I posted the thread below in the kj forum in error. Can you have a look and give me any feedback on Liberty Sport 2012 ? I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler right now and am looking to spend a little less on gas and want to know what to expect if I buy the Liberty Sport?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/gas-consumption-liberty-sport-vs-wrangler-4177490/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

So you have a 3.8L JKU. You're gonna see just about the same mileage as that honestly. Stock my 11 KK was getting 16-17mpg for my daily commute which was 35 miles each way on almost all highway. I think I hit maybe 5 lights and the majority of those were all within 5 miles. All city was looking closer to 10-12mpg depending on how heavy I was on the gas and summer vs winter. Pure FLAT interstate used to see about 19-21 mpg.

It's all relatively close to 3.8 JKUs. If you want to stick with American trucks and get better gas mileage you need to start looking at Fords with the ectotec and GM (Chevy, GMC) with the VVT and cylinder deactivation. My friend has a 15 crew cab 4x4 Chevy silverado 1500 with the 5.3L v8 and sees on average 24mpg highway. He has seen 27mpg, but he was really grandma-ing it. Almost anything Chrysler (Ram, Dodge, Jeep, etc) will swallow gas and scream for more.

2011 KK - Skyslider - JBA Adjust-A-Strut - OME 731 - Bilstein Shocks - JBA UCA- 245/75-16 Duratracs
post #3 of 7 Old 10-12-2017, 06:55 AM
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

X2 on everything BMX said. If you?re planning on lifting it and increasing the tire size you will see mpg losses from that baseline.

2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic

post #4 of 7 Old 10-13-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Kevthegrad

Here is the listing for the Liberty Im considering. This looking like a good deal ? Love kms and cost? http://www.daveyautosales.com/used/Liberty.html
post #5 of 7 Old 10-14-2017, 09:41 PM
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Is it the black or silver? Either way keep in mind they're barebones aside from 4 wheel drive. Idk how Canada is on pricing and what not, but those are pretty low mileage. I think it's about 30k and 60k. Just rounding. Being that's the case if I was looking at those here in NY, I wouldn't be paying over 10k (again Canada might be different when it comes to money and value). Just remember they're bare bones and almost 6 years old already.

Thinking about it, I could probably buy an earlier 3.8 JKU for around those prices by me.

2011 KK - Skyslider - JBA Adjust-A-Strut - OME 731 - Bilstein Shocks - JBA UCA- 245/75-16 Duratracs
post #6 of 7 Old 10-17-2017, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Kevthegrad

So in an unexpected turn of events I got the 2016 Jeep Patriot High Alritude. Figure I'll see a big difference in fuel efficiency over the Wrangler. Still get my 4 x 4 too. Thoughts ?
post #7 of 7 Old 10-17-2017, 11:12 PM
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I personally was never a fan of the Patriots/Compass, or the new Cherokees and Renegades. I just don't like the fwd powertrain design and independent suspension on all 4 corners. It is what gets you good gas mileage though, and I know they do pretty well in that regard.

Best of luck with it! Should be lower mileage and around the same price you were looking at too. Gonna save a ton on gas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.