Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Fullsize cb help..?

843 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cherokeeshrop91 
#1 ·
hey all
i have a nice fullsize cb i used to carry in my xj cherokee, but the setup in the kk is somewhat different. ive looked through probably alot of the kj post and other kk post regarding cb info. my question is has anyone mounted a fullsize cb in their kk and if so how did you mount it/whats ur set up. thanks for any and all help....

#2 ·
I actually have a full size Cobra mounted in my overhead. Since I don't have the Skyslider, or anything else for that matter, in that area, I thought it would be a great spot. I actually had it "professionally" mounted, though I gotta say, they did a very ****ty job of it and I could have done better myself. I didn't do it myself at the time because it was so soon after my spinal surgery that I just couldn't do it. I'm working on re mounting and cleaning up what they did.

The one problem is you have to get the angle right so you can see it, which means cutting into the headliner at a downward angle. I would suggest using an heavy duty epoxy to put a mounting board onto the inner roof as there really is no cross beam to mount into. Once you do that, you may have to fabricate a mounting bracket, but that shouldn't be to hard.

In all honestly, I don't think it would be that difficult to do. Hell, I even told the "professionals" the best way to do it, but they didn't listen to me. It's mounted in solid, but the angle on mine isn't right nor is the trim ring they built and once I'm back to being able to do that kind of work, I'll redo it to look better. ;)

Here's a shot for ya!

#3 ·
RMarine- thats exactly the same way i had mine set up in my xj... i thought about doing this to the kk but didnt know if there was any thing behind the headliner or just empty space, i had it just setup to hang from the headliner board and had no problems at all... my problem is this being a nicer vehicle then the xj is im kind of attempting to put off doing something like that yet. i have a buddy who had a set up for one able to go under the drivers seet with the mic and speaker running up near the rearview, of course that would have a few draw backs... but thanks for the input...this may still be the best option...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.