Fuel splashback when refueling - FIXED - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Fuel splashback when refueling - FIXED

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 03-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Fuel splashback when refueling - FIXED

One of the annoying and dangerous issues many KK owners have had to put up with over the years is that gas burps out and down the side of the Jeep after the gas pump clicks off. Chrysler is finally going to make this right. Here is a link to the warranty extension for the '08 KK and '07-08 Nitros that just came out this week. Diggerfreek posted this over on LOST, but I thought people here would like to know as well. (If you have an '09 or later that is doing the same thing, at least there is hope for you.)
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=74432

Unread 03-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
HSOUSA
2012 KK Liberty 

My '12 has yet to do this, fingers crossed.
HSOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Kenseth
2009 KK Liberty 

I just had that problem fixed for me at the dealership. I bought it with that problem already afflicting my jeep. So they fixed it for free.
Kenseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
HMNG-Liberty
2012 KK Liberty 

i haven't tried filling the gas tank all the way up yet (to broke) but when i do, hopefully it doesn't do it on mines.
HMNG-Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:38 AM   #5
wayneb59
2008 KK Liberty 

The dealer in town did my 08 on Friday-no charge.Thanks to this forum that is.
wayneb59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
BillyP

Dropped mine off at the dealer this morning. Still no word from them this evening... we'll see.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
BrooklynLiberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneb59 View Post
The dealer in town did my 08 on Friday-no charge.Thanks to this forum that is.
Hi, where did you take your Liberty? The dealership in New York City wants to charge me $500. They say only the fuel inlet valve is covered by the recall and the rest of the parts aren't. Perhaps you have a special coverage? Thanks
BrooklynLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynLiberty View Post
Hi, where did you take your Liberty? The dealership in New York City wants to charge me $500. They say only the fuel inlet valve is covered by the recall and the rest of the parts aren't. Perhaps you have a special coverage? Thanks
That's not true, When I went to my place out here in Golden, CO they said my whole fuel tank needed to be replaced and the warranty extension covered it. I bought it used with no other special coverage so it sounds like they're trying to stiff you.
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.