Fuel Burp Issue SOLVED!!! (Thanks Diggerfreak!) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Fuel Burp Issue SOLVED!!! (Thanks Diggerfreak!)

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 03-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Looks like us KK owners no longer have to put up with fuel spraying all over the side of our jeeps anymore!

(I jacked this off of LOST jeep forum because I know a lot of you guys don't go over there so here it is for the jeep forum crowd )

image-138862998.jpg

Should apply to all vehicles in this date range regardless of owner history.

Just print it out and bring it to dealership.

1.800.992.1997 is the number for Chrysler Customer Care if the dealer refuses to honor it or if you own a 2009 or later model KK with this problem.

A PDF file can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?rs73cwdcb71cfyt

Diggerfreek's original LOST post here:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=74432

Unread 03-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
griffdiz
2012 KK Liberty 

Just had my car serviced for this under an independent warranty company. They replaced the fuel filler neck. Not a Jeep dealership though.
griffdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
SlapStik
2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks for this info!! I called a local dealer and my Liberty is in for repair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85 View Post
Looks like us KK owners no longer have to put up with fuel spraying all over the side of our jeeps anymore!

(I jacked this off of LOST jeep forum because I know a lot of you guys don't go over there so here it is for the jeep forum crowd )

Attachment 582341

Should apply to all vehicles in this date range regardless of owner history.

Just print it out and bring it to dealership.

1.800.992.1997 is the number for Chrysler Customer Care if the dealer refuses to honor it or if you own a 2009 or later model KK with this problem.

A PDF file can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?rs73cwdcb71cfyt

Diggerfreek's original LOST post here:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=88&t=74432
SlapStik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
griffdiz
2012 KK Liberty 

Funny, Chrysler just sent me a letter saying that the warranty for this part has been extended to lifetime.
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:37 AM   #5
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffdiz
Funny, Chrysler just sent me a letter saying that the warranty for this part has been extended to lifetime.
That would be the point of the post and service bulletin. Read the LOST thread. Took a lot of people doing a lot of complaining for a long time to get jeep to even acknowledge that this issue even existed much less address it. And not everybody got the letter when they did.
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
griffdiz
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85 View Post
That would be the point of the post and service bulletin. Read the LOST thread. Took a lot of people doing a lot of complaining for a long time to get jeep to even acknowledge that this issue even existed much less address it. And not everybody got the letter when they did.
I was just saying that it was ironic that I found this thread and got the letter when I did because I've had the problem for a while but just decided to take it in and have it looked at.
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
Eagle112199
2008 KK Liberty 

I just got a letter myself. It says if you have had the problem repaired already then they will offer qualifying refunds. There is a form to fill out attached with the letter. Calling the dealership today to schedule an appt.
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
BillyP

Got my tank fixed yesterday (got the letter today.) The work order says they removed the tank, changed the check valve, and replaced the tank.

After I picked it up from the dealer, I headed to the gas station to fill it up... what a pain. To start I could piss more that the gas the Liberty was taking. Finally pulled the nozzle out some and it was taking gas faster, but not fast enough to lock the nozzle handle with the little spring thingy.

Plan to give it another fillup and talk with the service department if things don't go better.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
BillyP

Well, ran the gas down to a 1/4 tank. Went to a differant station to fill it up... was able to fill the Liberty at full speed. Nozzle cut off the gas when the tank was full, with no burp (or spill). Guess I'll call it fixed
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Yeah I got my letter last week and I am getting it installed on Wednesday.
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
vnieto

Got my letter too!
vnieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #12
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

I wish this was for 2011 too! I can't fill mine up since it burps every time!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #13
BillyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreno0207 View Post

If your not out of warranty, make sure you have the dealer document the problem on a service order. And, file a complaint on the NTSB website... all the complaints to the NTSB is what got our 08 tanks fixed.
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreno0207

There's service for the 2011. Check the LOST forum link the details are on there.
Unread 04-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #15
Eagle112199
2008 KK Liberty 

Got mine done on Monday - all they asked was to have the tank at 1/4 or less so the Service Dept. didn't have a problem spilling fuel from one tank to the new one. (My check gas light came on just as I pulled into the parking lot ) Dropped it off in the morning and by 3:00 it was done and stopped at a gas station to fill up - and no burp!

Don't know if it is my imagination or not but I seem to be getting a little better fuel MPG around town since I reset my computer after the fill up. The fuel system works on a closed vaccum syatem (hence problems with an old gas cap.) Wonder if the valve they replaced impacted this vacuum or not - or maybe it is my driving habits this go around! Who knows!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.