Front tweeters - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Front tweeters

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Elkete
2008 KK Liberty 

Front tweeters

I'm trying to remove the tweeters in the dash but I don't know how take them out and put the new ones in can somebody help, if u have pic even better thx

Elkete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
SlapStik
2008 KK Liberty 

Go to Crutchfield.com and input your car. Go to Outfit My Car then to the speaker section and select a set of speakers for the front and click on them. The speakers will come up with a list of included items that also includes an installation guide for the tweeters. Good luck
SlapStik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Crutchfield only puts out vague guidance and no pics. For the detailed "how to," they expect a purchase.
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

start popping out the dash. until you get to the speakers. i put it in my whole nav in my dash just going for it. the only thing i looked up was the wire layout
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
TMD78

I would also be interested in dash removal pics to access the tweeters. Crutchfield doesn't really acknowledge the panel speakers and my local audio shop would not install the 3.5's that I purchased to replace them because they were concerned about my jeep being too new to risk pulling the whole dash and disturbing the airbags? The center area just pops off with clips but I'm having a hard time finding a good walkthru for the upper dash.
TMD78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Once i get some time ill post pics of dash removal. I dont know when that is though. Honestly you just gotta go for it. Airbags you dont have to worry about i think. I have 2012 lib and i just went to town on it.
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
quikgt
2008 KK Liberty 

What good is an audio shop if they won't do install on a new vehicle?
quikgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
TMD78

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikgt
What good is an audio shop if they won't do install on a new vehicle?
Gotta agree with you. I always do things myself but because of the cold I went to a shop. I told the guy they have to be better equipped than I am to do the install and he just wouldn't go for it. Could be the 10 people behind me trying to get their Christmas remote start installed. Hoping to see some pics before just going for it.
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
VegasDragger45
2010 KK Liberty 

I saw a how to before but not sure where. You first remove the center dash bezel. Once that is done you need to remove the two top vent covers you have to remove the left side first sine it over laps the right side. Once they are gone you need to remove both a-pillars once they are off or loose you need to remove the screw holding the bezel in. It is located right next to the speaker grill there is one for each side. So now focusing on the drivers side the vent, speaker grill, and cluster bezel are all one piece you need to pull towards you and it will release the clips holding it in. The passenger side you need to remove the grab handle as well which has two Phillips screws that you access through the glove box. Once those are removed you just pull towards you like you did with the driver side. I had to lift up the right outer edge of the air bag to pull the panel out but you don't move it enough to worry about.
2010 KK, 2" Daystar lift, 245/75/16 BFG All-Terrains, interior LED's, front rear and cargo liner weather tech's, Pioneer AVH-p4400BT, GEX-P920XM, Kicker 6" in front 5 1/4" in rear, PB 2.75" in dash, Kicker 300.1 amp, Pioneer TS-SWX310, JK light bar with Hella 500 ff and 100w bulb, BOYO rear view camera, JBA exhaust, K&N drop in filter and more to come.
VegasDragger45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Look over on LOST I think there is a how to on the dash in the tech section.

Dave
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
TMD78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_B
Look over on LOST I think there is a how to on the dash in the tech section.

Dave
Thanks for the heads up! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...?f=104&t=29455
Unread 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Elkete
2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks tmd78 I will change it next week
Unread 01-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
Elkete
2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks tmd78 and vegasdragger45 for your help
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
TMD78

I finally got around to working on the dash speakers today. Know ahead of time that 3.5" speakers WILL NOT FIT without some creative cutting of the plastic trim that the factory speakers mount to. I cut out the back right original mounting area to make mine fit.

image-1280359111.jpg
Unread 01-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
TMD78

I guess it's also worth adding that the factory trim that has the speaker grill as part of it, only has an opening of about and inch or so. So basically you are covering up alot of the sound you hope to gain. If I had it to do over I'd have just gone with the factory kicker upgrade since it is a component setup with the tweeter ready to mount in the stock location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.