Front Tow Hooks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Front Tow Hooks

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 03-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
oct1196

Front Tow Hooks

I recently bought my 2011 KK Limited. It was used and the previous owner towed it behind another vehicle so it has the mounting bar/tow bar in the front. This bar has tabs, assume for the emergency chains when towing. Is this bar and its tabs sufficient to attach d-rings for front tow points? I assume the answer is yes, but wanted to check just to be sure.

oct1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
kiwi_outdoors
1997 XJ Cherokee 

towing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1196 View Post
I recently bought my 2011 KK Limited. It was used and the previous owner towed it behind another vehicle so it has the mounting bar/tow bar in the front. This bar has tabs, assume for the emergency chains when towing. Is this bar and its tabs sufficient to attach d-rings for front tow points? I assume the answer is yes, but wanted to check just to be sure.
SO - it was fitted for loads assocaited with towing on a road, behind an RV. May not be strong anough for you to use whle extracting your vehicle from a mud pit or sand pit.
Unread 04-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
AtTheHelm

I would not use those emergency chain tabs as recovery points.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
oct1196

OK, I will need to remove the tow bar. Was just hoping it would work since it is heavy steel like the receiver in the rear. Thank you.
oct1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
Reskar
2010 KK Liberty 

you don't need to. you can attached a town point to the hitch receiver

https://www.google.com/search?q=hitc...w=1226&bih=840
Reskar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1196 View Post
Can you post a photo so we can see what your talking about? How is the bar mounted?
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.