Front and Rear axle lubricant change - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Front and Rear axle lubricant change

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

On my post #13 was from Mopar,WE are talking axle from Chrysler not Currie,Hi9,Eaton,and even Dana.I use to think like you,but got educated by watching,listening,and observe.i had to prove you were wrong,so I had to google and paste from the sites,Im sure you wouldnt take my word.I didnt have to call others,dont forget I was mechanic lot longer then you.

richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #17
jeeps4us
2008 KK Liberty 

Wow !!! I didn't mean to set off a fire storm of Dino vs. Synthetic ! Anyway, after I change the diff fluid @ 18 K, when should I change it again, if I use dino oil vs. synthetic? Does it need to be at 36K or can it go to 50 K or longer?

Thanks
jeeps4us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #18
armedsks
2009 JK Wrangler 

Id do it every 18k till you get to out of warranty. What do you plan to do with the jeep??? are you going to keep it for a long time or trade it in after a 100k or so?

If you plan to keep it till it dies, why not take care of it and do normal maintence.

If your going to run it to 100k and dump it, just do what you can do.
armedsks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #19
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

This argument is over, let's keep things on track or the thread gets closed. Everyone has the right to their opinion but let's do it in a civilized manner
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #20
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elt31987 View Post
This argument is over, let's keep things on track or the thread gets closed. Everyone has the right to their opinion but let's do it in a civilized manner
Why dont you tell jeeps4us what you used on your rear axle,I seen your post on lost.Maybe it will help him out.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #21
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

I currently use Mobil 1 75W-140 front and rear. Good luck so far. We will see what happens. I plan on changing it about every 20K
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.