Front grill removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Front grill removal

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 01-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Front grill removal

My JK light bar should be delivered later today. And the weather is to be a little warmer, so I hope to get around to doing the bar installation over the weekend. All of the write up I have seen are not bringing up the photos. Anyone care to give me a heads up on how to remove the front grill or any secrets to any hidden screws or attachment points that may be easy to miss?

Thanks for the heads up.

Unread 01-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen
My JK light bar should be delivered later today. And the weather is to be a little warmer, so I hope to get around to doing the bar installation over the weekend. All of the write up I have seen are not bringing up the photos. Anyone care to give me a heads up on how to remove the front grill or any secrets to any hidden screws or attachment points that may be easy to miss?

Thanks for the heads up.
When you open hood you will see the plastics pop outs (or whatever they are called). Not looking at the truck I don't really recall how many but I believe there was about 5 or 6. When those are out it should pull out. Small tabs under headlights will catch slightly but with a little play pop right out.

image-2046672797.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the assistance,
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
AlexsLiberty

There's a Youtube video on how to do it as well.
AlexsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Got the light bar. Had a chance to notch it out allowing it to slide under the grill and checked for fitment. Have paint drying on the bare metal cuts. Now I have to choose between round or rectangular lights. And then, do I want fog lights or driving lights.

I think that I will attach the light bar with the use of one screw/bolt on the rearward mounting hole and then with the use of industrail 3M automotive double sided tape after cleaning the bumper surface extreemly well of wax and or road grime.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.