Front Driveshaft Rebuild Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Front Driveshaft Rebuild Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRCV Axles at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #1
akira19
2008 KK Liberty 

Front Driveshaft Rebuild Help

Does anyone know who sells a kit to rebuild the joints on the front drive/propshaft? Apparently it uses the same cv joint as a chevy equinox (450-80/ 80b) but there is no true crossover due to the boot being slightly different. I didn't see any threads on a rebuild so thought I'd throw it out there. Mines about to go so trying to source the parts. 100,000 miles and its time to replace everything it seems. Probably time to do the rear while its on the hoist too

akira19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
TomV1
2012 KK Liberty 

I would suggest getting an entire CV axle and replace everything instead of piece-mealing it. The time you save will be worth it. Heck, you may even find something on ebay that is used from a wreck. You are repairing a Jeep with 100,000 miles on it.

My experience with going hog-wild on an old Jeep is to stop now and put your money into something else. It seems like there is always something that needs fixing because of some new issue that comes up every couple of months in an old Jeep. They get clunky and noisy and you cannot get things cleared up in a cost-effective manner.
Unread 03-18-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

http://www.driveshaftparts.com has what you need. Make sure you get the "2010 Liberty/Nitro" CV end, not the KJ (2001-2007) Liberty part. It is only $45 for the T-Case CV end. Sure beats a car payment!
Unread 03-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
akira19
2008 KK Liberty 

Is there a thread on how you get the driveshaft out? There is so much stuff in the way and so little room don't know what has to go. Sucks cause im in the middle of a motor swap so my hoist is tied up for another week so it hard to get under it. Im not a mechanic but Im more equipped than most (extreme hobbyist) figured it was much cheaper to buy the tools than it was to pay the dealers and "real" mechanics. Other than body work I haven't had to do much on this Jeep over the last 3 years I've owned it so I'm not really familiar with these. I may as well remove the shaft as I have no 4wd right now do to a ecu problem (posted in another thread) until the parts come in.
Unread 03-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #5
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

Try this one. It's for the KJ, but the KJ and KK are very similar under there.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=16&t=56917
Unread 03-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
akira19
2008 KK Liberty 

Has anyone used that driveshaftparts.com they have no contact info but a phone number and it did not want to connect the call. They seem kinda sketchy but the price is good. But I don't see any info on where the are or ship from. Sucks cause none on ebay. And the only one I can source otherwise is from Rockford but it's triple the price. Anyone know what the actual difference between the 450-80 and the 450-80b??????? They are the same size and the 450-80 is readily available. I just don't know if I want to give that site my credit card info
Unread 03-24-2015, 10:51 AM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

They are OK to deal with, lots of people have bought from them, not sketchy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.