Front Bumper Options? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Front Bumper Options?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 03-31-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

Front Bumper Options?

I am wondering what insight can be provided, other than just opinions about their "cosmetic value", in regards to the aftermarket front bumper options that are available for the KK? What the pros versus cons would be, etc.?

To my knowledge there is two decent aftermarket options available, AtTheHelm's and Rock Lizard's. Of course for the same amount, I think you could buy a factory model?

Which leads me to my other question/rant....

Perhaps somebody can shed some light on why it is so difficult to contact anybody at Rock Lizard?

The "contact us" links on the website seem to always bounce back as undeliverable. I'm not even sure which is the right website? There is two, rocklizardfab.com and there is rocklizardfabrications.com (both with very different pricing!?). I have also tried calling, and left a message.

Anyhow, "Jeep 1 - Bambi 0". So, I need to replace my front bumper. For the price, it doesn't make sense to replace it again with stock, when I can get a much better option for the same price from RL, or AtTheHelm.

Cash (in full) in hand, and I will be making my decision in the next 48 hours.

AtTheHelm was very quick to respond to my first email, and provided a quote in less than 24 hours.

With the difficulties I have had getting a response, or contacting anybody for that matter, ...I am heavily reconsidering whether I should just give up on the RockLizard option.

If any body can fill me in on either of these dilemmas, that would be grande!

Until then, I will continue to stare at my "mock-ups" of each bumper - wondering how long until I have one. Actually, you all can stare at the attached pics and wonder as well.lol

kkconcept_atthehelm.jpg   kkconcept_rlwhite.jpg  
2008 White Liberty Ltd. - K&N 77 series intake - Airaid Throttle Body spacer - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's with LED mod - Warn Rear Recovery Hitch w/D-shackle - JBA UCA's and 3.5" Lift pkg. - 265/65/r18 BFG A/T Ko's
WhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Last I knew RL was having email issues , keep trying They are up and running shipping daily
Unread 03-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

I always liked AtTheHelm's. Also wicked cool paint job on your KK
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

You're right, they're your only options unless you choose to have a custom bumper made.

Like Tom said, keep trying to get in touch with them. I use this site for RL: http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/

If you want opinions, I prefer ATH's bumper. Just the fitment on the outer wings looks better to me. Also, the 2 tone looks cool.
Unread 03-31-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the input guys. I will continue to try and contact Marty for a couple of more days.

In regards to the paint job, sadly that is also a "mock-up" using good 'ol Photoshop, along with the beadlock wheels in the Rock Lizard bumper pic.

...I do already own the matte grey plastidip, and the 2" red pin-striping, and paint & pin will likely get completed along with the bumper when I get that far. The blacked out headlights and turn signals are for real tho.lol

I guess I should update some threads with a few of my other "top-secret" projects as well.
2008 White Liberty Ltd. - K&N 77 series intake - Airaid Throttle Body spacer - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's with LED mod - Warn Rear Recovery Hitch w/D-shackle - JBA UCA's and 3.5" Lift pkg. - 265/65/r18 BFG A/T Ko's
Unread 03-31-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
cherox
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRider View Post

I guess I should update some threads with a few of my other "top-secret" projects as well.
Yes! Love to see people with their creative take on the KK!
cherox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #7
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

EDIT/UPDATE! Front Bumper Options

Hoping that I get a few more opinions, comments, reviews, etc on the two main aftermarket front bumpers, in order to help with my decision. But, I suppose I should add (not sure how to edit) an update:

I finally made contact with Martin @ Rock Lizard Fabrications!
I probably had too many questions, and he has answered all of the important ones.

I probably should cut Martin a little slack really. I can empathize with him in terms of how quickly out of hand requests for quotes can get, and how discouraging it can be when in the end, somebody has wasted your valuable time.

I assure everybody "involved", I am a serious customer with the intent of making a decision and purchasing before the weekend.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

ATH fits more like OEM. The RL bumper leaves a small gap where the turn signals were. ATH leaves them in the same place.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Both bolt on like OEM no difference there, no small gap where signals were on the RL, some pictures make it look like but not
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #10
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Yeah I guess its just all the pictures I've seen.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #11
WhiteRider
2008 KK Liberty 

FINALLY!

I've actually received the RL front bumper I ordered. It is exactly as shown in the pic and posts.

I'm not sure I've seen any kind of build thread for the Rocklizard bumper? I'm confident enough, that I'll be fine installing without any instructions - but it would have been nice.

(getting a sticker to add to the Jeep would have been nice too...)

I'll try and take pics throughout the install, and see what I can come up with. Likely start a new post for that if I do it.

It is only sitting on my floor at the moment, but the bumper looks great so far!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.