Fog Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Fog Lights

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
kcrawmenv
2012 KK Liberty 

Fog Lights

Greetings again:

Question, my Liberty did not come with fog lights and based on where I live I need them. Here is my question, can I use the existing headlight assembly and just add the light sockets (using a toggle switch).

I am not sure but it appears that the wiring is in place, if so I will just cut the factory wiring off of the harness and use the plugs (easier and less expensive then replacing the switch assembly in the steering column).

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

kcrawmenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
NLakey
2012 KK Liberty 

I'm in the USAF currently stationed in England where we are required to convert our cars to have fog lights. They convert our parking lights and reverse lights to fog lights and add a toggle. I'm not sure how to do it, but yes it is possible.
NLakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
kcrawmenv
2012 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the reply; I guess I should have gone into a little more detail in my first question. The headlight assembly holds both the headlight and the fog light socket.

When the fog lights are not installed they insert a plastic\chrome piece in place of the socket, the proper question should have been: can I purchase the correct socket and replace the plastic\chrome piece with it or; do I need to purchase new headlight assemblies?

Thanks again
kcrawmenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
TIJKK1220
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrawmenv View Post
Thanks for the reply; I guess I should have gone into a little more detail in my first question. The headlight assembly holds both the headlight and the fog light socket.

When the fog lights are not installed they insert a plastic\chrome piece in place of the socket, the proper question should have been: can I purchase the correct socket and replace the plastic\chrome piece with it or; do I need to purchase new headlight assemblies?

Thanks again
The trouble you would go through to get that to work would cost just as much as getting a new assembly. I have cracked mine open (I also dont have fogs) and the plug is more than just that you would need a reflector as well as to align the light.

http://www.justforjeeps.com/foglights3.html
This is the whole assembly. Not to expensive, you can do it yourself, and bring it to a dealership to get the computer to run them. that isn't your only choice but I assure you if you messed up your lights you would have to buy them anyway

It comes with the lights.
TIJKK1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
silver08kk
2008 KK Liberty 

I bought the kit and replaced mine about a year ago. Much easier in the long run. Its new housings, stem, and a small amount or wiring. Then just have the dealership StarScan your ride and it's good to go. Or you can just have the dealership do it all for you.
silver08kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
georgejeri

2009 KK Liberty 

I just bought the Jeep light assembly with fogs and had the dealer install it on my '09 Liberty. A lot easier, plus they had to swap out the turn assembly. No fuss, no muss for me just a few extra bucks and I picked up my Lib after work.
georgejeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
macmisi31
2010 KK Liberty 

I have a 2010 Jeep Liberty and did not come with fog lights. I looked up at the website http://www.justforjeeps.com/foglights3.html
and it shows the fog light kit for 2008-2009 only, will it still fit on the 2010 even though there isn't much slight of a difference in the vehicle design?
macmisi31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmisi31
I have a 2010 Jeep Liberty and did not come with fog lights. I looked up at the website http://www.justforjeeps.com/foglights3.html
and it shows the fog light kit for 2008-2009 only, will it still fit on the 2010 even though there isn't much slight of a difference in the vehicle design?
It will work on the newer KKs. They also list a replacement switch if you want to keep your auto headlights feature. It is about $62 from them.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
macmisi31
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post
It will work on the newer KKs. They also list a replacement switch if you want to keep your auto headlights feature. It is about $62 from them.

Thanks Oscar so just to make if I get the switch all I need is the wiring for just the fog lamp itself since this my first time owning jeep and don't know much about.
macmisi31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
eoerikson3
2011 KK Liberty 

Buy the fog lamp kit from just for jeeps, local dealer, eBay, wherever. It has the wiring you need including the switch. However, if your KK is equipped with the auto headlights, they offer the switch that will allow it to work. Look for my Christmas wish list post for links to those items.

Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #11
usafjeep88
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoerikson3 View Post

Do you have these installed on your KK? the Q&A states "Q: Is there any way I can make this kit fit my 2010-2012 Liberty?
No, not that we are aware of. The harnesses and multifunction switch from the kit will not match up to what is in the 2010-2012 models."

just wondering if Mopar is wrong or they just are not aware.
usafjeep88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.