Fog Light Recommendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Fog Light Recommendations

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 12-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Fog Light Recommendations

I'm looking to add some fog lights to my Mopar grill guard and was curious about what lights you all suggest. I'm looking for more of a fog beam to light up the immediate area in front of me versus a driving beam. That being said, I was looking at the PIAA 520 Ions as an option. Any other suggestions?

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
98ZJ SFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

My opinion is that those are the best looking fogs around. I have no idea how well they perform, but if they're as good as they look, I vote for that. A few people are running them, so hopefully someone chimes in.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Hella makes some good ones and yes just buy fog lights work better for what you want than driving. I dislike the PIAAs since they use more of a blue light to make your eyes think you can see better when in fact they don't work as well
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
My opinion is that those are the best looking fogs around. I have no idea how well they perform, but if they're as good as they look, I vote for that. A few people are running them, so hopefully someone chimes in.
I agree, I like the look of them and got the idea from Marco's KK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd
Hella makes some good ones and yes just buy fog lights work better for what you want than driving. I dislike the PIAAs since they use more of a blue light to make your eyes think you can see better when in fact they don't work as well
I definitely want to stay away from any blue tint. The description I saw on Amazon for the Ions was that it was a yellow tint. Do you know if they have some blue to them, too? Because when you look at them the lens looks blue and yellow. And I don't want the blue tint gimmick.

Previous
98 ZJ Laredo SE 4.0, 2" Skyjacker BB, JKS Quicker Discos, Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs, K&N FIPK, Kolak cat & back exhaust, Westin Safari bar, KC lights
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Do you have factory fog lights, too?
They did indeed look awesome on Musclez Mopar light bar.
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
Do you have factory fog lights, too? They did indeed look awesome on Musclez Mopar light bar.
I do. But I'm just not happy with the light output of the stock lights. I looked at potentially upgrading the bulbs, too, but would like these lights for the back roads of VT. I wouldn't run them on the main roads.

Previous
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJ SFD View Post
I do. But I'm just not happy with the light output of the stock lights. I looked at potentially upgrading the bulbs, too, but would like these lights for the back roads of VT. I wouldn't run them on the main roads.
Good idea. Putco makes some nice fog light bulbs that I use.
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

I'll check them out. Thanks.

Previous
Unread 12-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ZJ SFD View Post
I'll check them out. Thanks.
Just find out what kind/size fog light bulb it is.
I got them at a local speed shop up the road for about $20. They're yellow.
Unread 12-06-2013, 04:27 AM   #10
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

I have an LED lightbar. (Rigid 10") LED's are on the expensive side, but would be great for what you are going to use them for. The light output is fantastic and the power draw is small.
Fuel Revolver 16X8

Her- 2011 WK2 Laredo X, Brilliant Black
Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #11
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Well I was also looking at LED bars. The cost upfront makes up for their longevity. I would just have to find a way to mount one to the Mopar bar. But I'm a big fan of LEDs and have a complete LED interior conversion done to my car before my Jeep and I've put LEDs in my tail and reverse lights in the KK... Not to mention my complete LED set up for my red lights on many previous vehicles.

Previous
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
DiodeDynamics
Jeep Lighting Experts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Are you looking primarily for a halogen replacement or looking for an LED / HID style upgrade?

Nick C.

Lighting / Acrylic Your Source For Jeep Lighting and Acrylic
We have the LOWEST PRICES around... check us out! > www.diodedynamics.com
DiodeDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #13
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

I'm just looking for some accessory fogs. I'm probably not going to touch the OEM bulbs for now.

Previous
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #14
98ZJ SFD
2012 KK Liberty 

Opinions on KC lights? I'm looking at a set of their Apollos. I had some KCs on my ZJ but can't remember what they were.

I'm going to stay away from LEDs at this point. Since these will be used in snow, I need something that can melt any accumulating snow while in use. LEDs don't produce enough heat to do that.

Previous
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #15
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

If you notice on the road , you will see mainly the big 3. KC, Hella and PIAA. I just went through this the week before thanksgiving.

Hellas are the cheapest ones, see lots of these and most are happy with them. I personally wanted some with the groovy black plastic rock gaurds and Hella only has the complete cover you have to remove to use them.

KC was what I was going to get I wanted the 100w not the 55w so I had the Slimlites picked out and about to pull the trigger, then found a set of PIAA 520 ATP for only $30 more and these get 4 1/2-5 star pretty much anyplace you look, so I bought them instead. If these had not been so cheap I would have gotten the KCs and been done with it. Usually PIAA is a bit more $$.

So long story short, you will more than likely be fine with any of these
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.