First Time Jeep Owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > First Time Jeep Owner

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
DonTerry
2012 KK Liberty 

First Time Jeep Owner

First time Jeep owner just stopping by to say hello!

I had never even driven a Jeep until a few days ago, and I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2012 Liberty. Not many new ones left out there, so I'm glad I was able to snap one up with the great deals on the remaining stock of 2012s. Sounds like the 2014s will be a crossover, so the 2012 may be the last of the breed.

I am very impressed with the Liberty. We had sleet and freezing rain yesterday and the 4WD performed very well on the ice. I was a little skeptical of the BLD, but I was very impressed with how well it worked on ice. Even on stock tires it was noticeably better than my old Dakota 4X4 with open diffs.

Anyway, there is one more convert on the roads!

DonTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
HSOUSA
2012 KK Liberty 

Enjoy, what model did you get?
HSOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
pauld73
2010 KK Liberty 

Welcome to the Jeep brotherhood!! I gave up on cars years ago. So far I have owned:
1979 Jeep CJ5 ragtop
1984 Jeep CJ7 hardtop
1995 Jeep Wrangler hard top
2010 Jeep Liberty

I still own the Wrangler and the Liberty.

The TRUTH!!!!
Your gas mileage will be lousy for first 5000 miles.
then a little ferry wakes up in the onboard computer and the tranny starts shifting into 4th gear more often improving said gas mileage.

The Liberty is the toughest 4WD in existence including all the AWD Jap Crap, toymobiles. The only thing tougher than a Liberty is a Wrangler, so I have both.

Paul
White Oak, PA
The old Coger Electrical Engineer
pauld73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
BillyP

Welcome to the addiction. I have a 08 Liberty and an 04 Rubicon... have a 13 Tacoma for its great gas mileage. lol
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
DonTerry
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSOUSA View Post
Enjoy, what model did you get?
I got a deep cherry red Latitude with 4WD, 430 media center, and tow package. I'm having the dealer install a remote start on Monday. I love it and I think I'm hooked!
DonTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
pauld73
2010 KK Liberty 

Pleased to meet ya BillyP. Nice set of Jeeps you have. About the Tachoma.......I hear you can be cured of that if you seek treatment IMMEDIATELY!! LOL Just kiddin. My best friend drives a Tachoma....but I don't mind...he always pays for the lunch and bait LOL

Paul
pauld73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTerry View Post

I had never even driven a Jeep until a few days ago, and I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2012 Liberty. Not many new ones left out there, so I'm glad I was able to snap one up with the great deals on the remaining stock of 2012s. Sounds like the 2014s will be a crossover, so the 2012 may be the last of the breed.

I am very impressed with the Liberty. We had sleet and freezing rain yesterday and the 4WD performed very well on the ice. I was a little skeptical of the BLD, but I was very impressed with how well it worked on ice. Even on stock tires it was noticeably better than my old Dakota 4X4 with open diffs.

Congratulations and welcome to the club; sooner or later you may catch an "itch" as a few of us on here have already lol
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
backinblack
2009 KK Liberty 

Enjoy your KK! I've had mine now for 4 months and still love it. Nice solid feel and handles well, quieter than most jeeps and yes the 4x4 is well balanced. Engine compartment is well laid out and easy to service. The common complaint is gas mileage but it's still better than a truck. Post up some pics if you get a chance.
backinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
BillyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld73 View Post
Pleased to meet ya BillyP. Nice set of Jeeps you have. About the Tachoma.......I hear you can be cured of that if you seek treatment IMMEDIATELY!! LOL Just kiddin. My best friend drives a Tachoma....but I don't mind...he always pays for the lunch and bait LOL

Paul
Tried to look for help in the yellow pages. Found AA, NA, GA, but no TA (Tacoma Anonymous)... not about to try and do it Cold Turkey
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
TheMill

I bought mine last August and love it!

Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
TheMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
FirstInHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTerry View Post

I am going to see if I can get one this weekend. What kind of deal did you get on the car? Was the dealership willing to work with you in order to clear out the stock?
FirstInHell is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.