Fender Flare Protection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Fender Flare Protection

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

Fender Flare Protection

I have a 2010 KK Renegade (stone white) and would like to know if any of you have had issues with your fenders fading.

Mine seem good right now, but was wondering if any of you use a protectant on them to prevent fading. Personally I hate having to do this, but would like to know if necessary to keep from fading.

Thanks in advance.

ViktorMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
OPjhawk

When I worked at a toyota dealership back in high school we used a product called back magic to coat areas like that. It worked decently well but had to be reapplied every ~60 days or so.
OPjhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
OPjhawk

Correction - bumper magic
OPjhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPjhawk View Post
Correction - bumper magic
Thank you, I will check it out. I didn't think you meant Black Magic (typically known as a tire shine).
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

You do realize that your fender flares are painted, right?
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
You do realize that your fender flares are painted, right?
I have the 2010 Renegade that is stone white with dark neutral metallic wheel flares. Are u saying that those fenders won't fade?
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

All I'm saying is that they are not bare plastic. I don't know how they will hold up, so using Black Magic, and the like, will be useless. If anything they should benefit from a good coat of wax.

I haven't touched my Renegade's flares or bumpers and it's never been garaged but maybe one or two days of its life. The bumpers and flares look fine, the doorhandles and mirrors however... eh.....

Unread 09-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
ViktorMax
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
All I'm saying is that they are not bare plastic. I don't know how they will hold up, so using Black Magic, and the like, will be useless. If anything they should benefit from a good coat of wax.

I haven't touched my Renegade's flares or bumpers and it's never been garaged but maybe one or two days of its life. The bumpers and flares look fine, the doorhandles and mirrors however... eh.....
Yea, my door handles are getting faded. That's pretty sad for 2010 that they still make crap handles.
Unread 09-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

I have a 2011 Liberty garage kept. Got it last October and my door handles faded already. But I'm gonna paint them silver anyhow.

2011 Liberty KK Sport

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.