Feature page says KK has an 115-volt inverter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Feature page says KK has an 115-volt inverter

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 12-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
SR2Wheeler
2009 KK Liberty 

Feature page says KK has an 115-volt inverter

Looking over the feature pages for my 2009 KK, the Popular Equipment Group shows an 115-volt inverter. I've never seen this in my Jeep. I have all the other items. I thought an inverter took the 12VDC and changed it to 110V AC. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

PS, I just got an inverter for my wife's laptop to stay charged on trips!

SR2Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
SR2Wheeler
2009 KK Liberty 

WOW! It is mounted in the back of the console! Bet my 3 dogs kept wondering what that black square thing with the electrical plug sign was for! Guess I can send back the gift I got the wife for Christmas now. Ha!

Thanks for teaching me something new again today!

Don
Unread 12-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

it can be convenient. Just remember it doesn't have power until you push the button on the dash in front of the shifter.
griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
SR2Wheeler
2009 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the note. I was just refreshing my memory looking through my owners manual and saw what that lower button was for! Maybe the wife will want to keep the new inverter for her BMW?
Unread 12-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

You could keep the other inverter for anything with a 3 prong plug, anything you want to run while the Jeep is off, and for devices that draw a bit more juice than the stock inverter can handle. In my experience, it can charge a 15 inc MacBook Pro while it is off, but it will sometimes overheat and shut itself down if a passenger is using the computer. The stock inverter is great for charging cell phones though.
Unread 12-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I wish they kept the inverter option for 2011. What's the button look like to turn it on? Is it part of the panel that has the hazards and tcs buttons?
Unread 12-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
SR2Wheeler
2009 KK Liberty 

The button for turning on the inverter is located next to the hazard button just in front of the gearshift knob on the lower set of buttons. My KK Sport only has two operating buttons and several blanks.
Unread 12-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR2Wheeler View Post
The button for turning on the inverter is located next to the hazard button just in front of the gearshift knob on the lower set of buttons. My KK Sport only has two operating buttons and several blanks.
Yea I have a ton of blanks. I think the 2 ends are supposed to be heated seats, then I have 1 for the airbag light(I've only seen this glow once, not worried really. My passenger bag will blow with the drivers then. I have insurance...), tcs button, hazards, and hill descent control. I think there might be 1 more blank. I haven't paid attention.

I looked into adding switches, but the whole "stack" is a circuit board and you can't modify it.
Unread 12-24-2014, 05:51 PM   #9
rmgcomp511
2008 KK Liberty 

The inverter works well with kids toys like 3DS or tablets--heated seat controls are the 2 end buttons-those are great on cold morning.
rmgcomp511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.