JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Factory Warranty (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/factory-warranty-1519558/)

wonkymcswifty 05-06-2013 02:11 PM

Factory Warranty

We have a 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport. We are having an issue with the liftgate showing ajar, even though it is closed, and one of the tail lights is intermittent. The vehicle has less than 36,000 miles on it. Is the warranty on a Jeep Liberty not 3 yr/36,000 miles? Does the warranty go exactly three years from purchase, or does it go by model year?
We made an appointment for the issues and they told us we need to pay to look at this issue since the warranty is only drivetrain. Is this true?

eoerikson3 05-06-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkymcswifty
We have a 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport. We are having an issue with the liftgate showing ajar, even though it is closed, and one of the tail lights is intermittent. The vehicle has less than 36,000 miles on it. Is the warranty on a Jeep Liberty not 3 yr/36,000 miles? Does the warranty go exactly three years from purchase, or does it go by model year?
We made an appointment for the issues and they told us we need to pay to look at this issue since the warranty is only drivetrain. Is this true?

I think you are able to check the time remaining on your warranty on jeep.com.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

tjkj2002 05-06-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkymcswifty (Post 15396842)

The 3/36 warranty starts on the day it was 1st put into service,meaning when the 1st owner bought it.So if it was may 5th 2010(just throwing a # out there) with 10 miles(would expire at 36,010 miles) on it the 3 years was up yesterday even if your under 36,000 miles.If it was a demo your warranty could have started much sooner since the dealership was the 1st owner.

JeepCares 05-07-2013 08:22 AM

wonkymcswifty - Do you know the in service date? - the dealer should be able to tell you if you don't

For the 2010 Liberty:

When It Begins
The Basic Limited Warranty begins on either of the
following dates, whichever is earlier:
• the date you take delivery of the vehicle; or
• the date when the vehicle was first put into
service — for example, as a dealer “demo” or as a
Chrysler company vehicle.

When It Ends
The Basic Limited Warranty lasts for 36 months from the
date it begins or for 36,000 miles on the odometer,
whichever occurs first. But the following items are
covered only for 12 months or for 12,000 miles on the
odometer, whichever occurs first:
• brakes (rotors, pads, linings, and drums);
• wiper blades;
• clutch discs or modular clutch assembly (as equipped);
• windshield and rear window; and
• wheel alignment and wheel balancing

wonkymcswifty 05-08-2013 11:27 AM

Thank you everyone for your answers. I had never had to deal with warranty work so I was not fully aware of the details. My girl took it in and did not ask the questions.
We did buy it in February of 2010 so that is why it was not eligible. Good to know since I assumed it covered the whole year regardless.

Now to see how to repair it myself......

shawnicles 05-08-2013 12:01 PM

I had the exact same problem with my Jeep. The rear door was closed but it was showing ajar which was causing the dome lights to stay on and also it wouldn't allow my remote start to work.

I have extended warranty so it was covered but the part and the labor was a bit pricey if doing it through the dealer. I believe the part was around $200 and labor was 1.5 hours or something crazy. I have the part # on my service invoice if you need it to search for the part online.

The time now is 05:04 AM.