ESP in the SNOW gotta GO!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > ESP in the SNOW gotta GO!!

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

ESP in the SNOW gotta GO!!

4 hi in the snow(deep) sucks the brakes keep kicking on, put it in 4lo and it just goes thru it like nothing at all, Hey Jeep your doing to Jeep what the liberals are doing to this ****ry(yeah I spelled it right). JMO[IMG][/IMG]

Unread 02-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
BadHammers
2013 JK Wrangler 

Our KK does the same thing. I've had it in a situation where it wouldn't back up an uneven gravel driveway in 4hi due to traction control kicking in, but would walk right up it in 4lo.
Jeeps past 01 XJ, 08 JK, 11 KK
BadHammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You could always pull the fuse or relay to the ABS and put it back later. ABS in deep snow does suck. My TJ ain't got none of that!
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
KK4x4
2009 KK Liberty 

Scar0 did a write up on lost for a switch to disable the abs and ESP and its been working great and I actually plan on doing it myself
KK4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
AtTheHelm

X2 one of my favorite mods.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...lit=Switch+amp
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yup, I also have the kill switch. Great mod.

I'm sure you guys know, but if you're in 4HI, and you hold the traction button for like 5 seconds or so, it'll ding and all of your traction/stability will go off. It doesn't *completely* go off, but it shuts it down about 80% or so. I've never had a problem doing this and driving in the snow in 4HI.
TurboGoKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGoKart View Post
Yup, I also have the kill switch. Great mod.

I'm sure you guys know, but if you're in 4HI, and you hold the traction button for like 5 seconds or so, it'll ding and all of your traction/stability will go off. It doesn't *completely* go off, but it shuts it down about 80% or so. I've never had a problem doing this and driving in the snow in 4HI.
I didn't know that you needed to hold it down for 5 secs. I just hit the button and traction control light just kicks on. That's good to know. I like 2wd driving it as much as I can, its fun until I get stuck lol
Unread 02-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah if you hit the button once, traction control is off, letting the wheels spin more and not limiting the power. HOLD it down until it dings, and the dash says "ESP OFF" and you disabled traction and the ESP, which won't kick in ABS if the rear starts sliding out. You have to be going pretty slow though; I've tried it at regular speeds and it doesn't work.
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #9
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGoKart
Yeah if you hit the button once, traction control is off, letting the wheels spin more and not limiting the power. HOLD it down until it dings, and the dash says "ESP OFF" and you disabled traction and the ESP, which won't kick in ABS if the rear starts sliding out. You have to be going pretty slow though; I've tried it at regular speeds and it doesn't work.
I bet I know why: ERM. Electronic Roll Mitigation. You NEVER want that off. So when sliding the back around with the ESP off, it'll let you have your fun just as long as the computers don't sense a rollover about to happen.
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #10
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

black box??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27tubguy View Post
4 hi in the snow(deep) sucks the brakes keep kicking on, put it in 4lo and it just goes thru it like nothing at all, Hey Jeep your doing to Jeep what the liberals are doing to this ****ry(yeah I spelled it right). JMO[IMG][/IMG]
anyone know what the black box under the bumper below the gas fill is??
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
AtTheHelm

Fuel evaporative canister. Basically a box filled with charcoal with sensors plugged into it.
We'll get it relocated eventually...
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

the pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Fuel evaporative canister. Basically a box filled with charcoal with sensors plugged into it.
We'll get it relocated eventually...
Ohh it must be the pump that shoots the half gal o gas back out atcha when you fill it up.
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #13
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetna View Post
I bet I know why: ERM. Electronic Roll Mitigation. You NEVER want that off. So when sliding the back around with the ESP off, it'll let you have your fun just as long as the computers don't sense a rollover about to happen.
I just meant turning that stuff off by holding the traction button on doesn't work at normal speeds.
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #14
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGoKart

I just meant turning that stuff off by holding the traction button on doesn't work at normal speeds.
I know. I think that's probably because a rollover is more likely at normal speeds when the vehicle oversteers
xxxxxxxxxxxxSmetna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #15
TurboGoKart
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ah, gotcha. I'm following now.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.