ESC off then SERV 4WD, 4 LOW and 4WD lights on whiles driving - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > ESC off then SERV 4WD, 4 LOW and 4WD lights on whiles driving

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 07-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
RKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Where is the speed sensor located ? Do remember the sensors that you cleaned ?

RKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKK
Where is the speed sensor located ? Do remember the sensors that you cleaned ?
Drivers side rear. Behind rotar, there is a wiring harness only one you cant miss it
redncfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
jc_cshmny
2011 KK Liberty 

Finally made it into the dealer and got the following codes:

FDCM C1403 - Transfer Case Range Position Sensor Performance (stored)
FDCM C1404 - Transfer Case Range Position Circuit Low (active)

Any help is appreciated! Still having the same issues as posted earlier in the thread.
jc_cshmny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #19
Slayers
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_cshmny View Post
Finally made it into the dealer and got the following codes:

FDCM C1403 - Transfer Case Range Position Sensor Performance (stored)
FDCM C1404 - Transfer Case Range Position Circuit Low (active)

Any help is appreciated! Still having the same issues as posted earlier in the thread.
When they gave you the codes they should have talked to you about replaceing the module in the TC or the PCM.
Slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
jc_cshmny
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayers View Post
When they gave you the codes they should have talked to you about replacing the module in the TC or the PCM.
He mentioned that it could be anything from a short, to failed sensors, to a bad FDCM. My issue is with them charging $100/hour to hunt for the problem, then paying them to fix it, especially since it is only 9k out of the bumper to bumper. This should really be covered under powertrain since it prevents me from using 4WD.
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #21
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_cshmny

He mentioned that it could be anything from a short, to failed sensors, to a bad FDCM. My issue is with them charging $100/hour to hunt for the problem, then paying them to fix it, especially since it is only 9k out of the bumper to bumper. This should really be covered under powertrain since it prevents me from using 4WD.
If you bought it new or if it's under 100,000 miles then it should be covered, I think. Ask Jeep Cares
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #22
jc_cshmny
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
If you bought it new or if it's under 100,000 miles then it should be covered, I think. Ask Jeep Cares
I've been told that if it's not an "internally lubricated part," it's not covered.
Unread 08-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Edwardkain
2008 KK Liberty 

It is the car alignment dude. If you are driving and it happen that means that you become beyond the proper car alignment and by this it means that one of your front or back suspension components is damaged "end tie rod, ball joints in the upper contol arm or the lower one and the bushing for both, sway bar bushing..etc." for these parts or the other parts that is related to your frontal suspension if any of them is damaged the esp and the 4wd and the abs will stop working because the will accure an unwanted car stabilizating. Check them because they are the one's that cause the sudden change in your car alignment and the stop of the esp function and the rest that is related to it.
Edwardkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #24
welder74
2011 KK Liberty 

Getting tired of this....

I have been dealing with this same issue on my '11 Liberty(25k) for a month now. First time dealer had to reprogram the computer and now 3 weeks later every light regarding ABS, parking brake, seatbelt, serve 4wd, hill descent are on and after shutting down you must wait a few minutes to restart. I am not happy as this is my second Liberty after trading in my '09 w/sky slider roof issues. Has anyone continued to have problems after being "repaired"?
welder74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #25
sourjeep

I have an 2010 bought new in Feb 2011 ,Jeep Liberty. I have had The lights ESPOFF, SERV4WD, 4 LOW, and 4WD lights come on for the forth time now. The first time was within 2months after buying it and I took it back to the dealership and they unhooked the battery left it overnight and connected it back up and they were off...that lasted until about june of 2011 and it happened again. I had moved to Colorado and took it into the local jeep dealership which found an C1404 error and replaced the Transfer case motor..still under warranty. Everything was good until Dec of 2012 and it happened again. Went back to the dealership and they once again found an C1404 error and replaced the Transfer case motor and was told would be covered under the pwer train warranty. Well guess what, its 2014 and its back. I called (877)426-5337Jeep Company Customer Service and explained my issue. What I was told was that I would have to have diagnostics run at a dealership to determine what the problem was. . And depending on what it was they would then assign a case worker to my issue and see what they could do for me as far as paying for the problem.
I called the Jeep Dealership in colorado since I am no longer there and asked for copies of my work and then called Jeep Company Customer Service back and asked if my Jeep was still under power train warranty. They confirmed it was so I am hopeful that when I go to have it diagnosed, I am in So California now, that it will be covered under warranty, if not I have a case number with Jeep and will continue to fight for 100% cost coverage. Its obivious that this is a known issue. It has really disheartened me towards owning a jeep in the future. Good Luck everyone!
sourjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.