Engine light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Engine light

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 03-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Hello fellows,

So for the past couple weeks my engine light as well as my gas cap loose indicator has been on. I'm running the Jet stage 2 chip and putting 91/93 in Libby so she runs how the chip is made too. And yes I've tighten down my gas cap. When I ran a OBD2 scanner the code came back an emission leak. I know it has to do something with all the valves and gizmos of the gas tank but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

It is possible for your gas cap to be broken but not appear to be broken, even when tightened down several clicks. I had this happen on my last vehicle, and it got so bad I could even smell gas when idling. The dealer did a smoke test of the whole fuel/emissions system and found nothing. It was the gas cap all along. You can get a new one for something like $15, and see if that clears it up. If so, it would be a cheap fix.
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

I agree with Lauren. Also check the hoses from the evap canister.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #4
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Yes, check the gas cap. Many garages now have pressure testers for them. Basically the same thing the emissions testing place has. If you live in an emissions testing state you probably have seen one. Here in Ohio they basically plug in to your OBD port and put a tester on your gas cap. If it passes those two things, no further testing and off you go..

If it isn't that, then you need to start checking the evap system...
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #5
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Randomly went away now...so its fixed...
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.