Greetings. I have a 2009 Liberty with 54k that has developed some vexing electrical problems. In rough order of occurrence:
1. Airbag dash light and chime goes off at random times (been happening for about 6 months)
2. Seat belt warning light and chime go off at random (approximately the same length of time)
3. Radio would be working fine, then produce and audible <click> and shut off. Sometimes would come back on by itself, more often it won't. As of last week, it is non-functional.
4. Red light right in middle of tach and odo (security system indicator according to manual) turned on when car was started. We don't have a security system installed. (about two weeks ago; has not happened again)
5. When turning the car on, starter runs but engine does not crank at all. Wife held the key in the start position for about 30 seconds and it never turned over. (Happened two days ago.)
We replaced the worn out original battery with a much nicer one last month. I've read on some other forums about some of the fuses to check (#s 9 and 34). Of course our local dealer would love nothing more than to charge us $89/hr to track down the problem, but I'm not sure I'm ready to just burn a pile of money.
So I have two questions:
Has anyone else had similar seemingly random, non-reproduceable problems with their 2009 Liberties?, and
Does this portend something more critical (and expensive) happening in the future?
We traded in our 2007 Liberty when it developed a disturbing clunk in the brake pedal (you could feel the pedal give and then snap back) that the dealer never could figure out. We've not had any major issues with the 2009, but the Boss is having a harder time convincing me to let her get a Rubicon when this Jeep is done.