JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   Easy-Exit Seats (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/easy-exit-seats-1448717/)

Irishgrrrl78 12-11-2012 03:58 AM

Easy-Exit Seats

I have a 2012 Jet with everything in it. Jeep recently sent me the discs to update my radio software and my navigation maps. Ever since I ran the updates, my easy-exit seats are suddenly not working anymore. Not a huge problem, but kinda annoying. I'm vertically challenged, so that was a nice feature to have! LOL! Any advice???

eoerikson3 12-11-2012 06:53 AM

Is it something that you need to reprogram?

Irishgrrrl78 12-11-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eoerikson3
Is it something that you need to reprogram?

I don't know. I went into "personal settings" to verify that the EE seats were turned on, and they were. I turned them off and back on again, and that didn't do any good. Maybe it needs to go to the dealership?

eoerikson3 12-11-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78

I don't know. I went into "personal settings" to verify that the EE seats were turned on, and they were. I turned them off and back on again, and that didn't do any good. Maybe it needs to go to the dealership?

That would be my next step. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Cutelildevil666 12-11-2012 12:31 PM

If you have a setting 1 & 2 you could set button 2 for where you need it to be. It's not a fix but it might be a temp solution. I'm short too but I guess I'm used to it lol

harp666 12-12-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78 (Post 14588857)
I have a 2012 Jet with everything in it. Jeep recently sent me the discs to update my radio software and my navigation maps. Ever since I ran the updates, my easy-exit seats are suddenly not working anymore. Not a huge problem, but kinda annoying. I'm vertically challenged, so that was a nice feature to have! LOL! Any advice???

I have the same issue with my 2012 jet with the standard uconnect radio..my memory seems to forget my seat settings sometimes. All I do is reset both memory 1 and 2 with new settings and all works for awhile. Must be a bug......I dont think your update disc has anything to do with it.

Irishgrrrl78 12-12-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harp666

I have the same issue with my 2012 jet with the standard uconnect radio..my memory seems to forget my seat settings sometimes. All I do is reset both memory 1 and 2 with new settings and all works for awhile. Must be a bug......I dont think your update disc has anything to do with it.

Yeah, I can't imagine that the update discs caused the problem. Just seems weird that everything was fine until I ran the updates. But I did try resetting the memory buttons and it didn't work. I guess I need to talk to the dealership.

Wearyman 12-12-2012 07:25 AM

Actually, an update disc could very well be the source of the problem.

While I'm not specifically versed in the Jet electronic seating system, it is run, essentially, by a computer. Having worked in the Information Technology field for over 10 years (almost 15 now) I can tell you a few things about computers. Since the Update disc is a software or firmware data upgrade, there is always the possibility of things going wrong. For example:

1: Failed install. the disc may not have (for unknown reasons) installed correctly. Thus your seating system may be having internal errors related to messed up software.

2: Buggy update. The update software is written by people. People make mistakes. In the computer world, mistakes in computer code are referred to as "bugs". If the update has a bad bug in it, that could be causing this problem.

JeepCares 12-12-2012 07:32 AM

Just some info from the FSM - ignore if not interested:

MEMORY SEAT SYSTEM
An electronic memory seat system is available on certain models. The memory system is able to store and recall all driver side power seat positions and driver outside mirror position. The system can be set for two different drivers. On vehicles with a factory installed radio connected to the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus network, the memory system is also able to store and recall up to twelve radio station presets (six AM and six FM), for two drivers. The memory system will also store and recall the last station listened to for each driver, even if it is not one of the twelve preset stations.

The memory system will automatically recall all of these settings when a button of the memory switch is depressed, or when the doors are unlocked using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter (if enabled). If the vehicle has more than two drivers the RKE transmitter recall of memory features can be disabled. This is a customer programmable feature of the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) set through the use of the appropriate steering wheel switches .

The memory system also has an “Easy Entry and /Exit” feature that provides the driver with more room to enter or exit the vehicle. When the seat is in a memorized position, it will move rearward 60 millimeters or to the end of its travel, whichever occurs first, when the key is removed from the ignition switch lock cylinder. This is also a customer programmable feature of the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) set through the use of the appropriate steering wheel switches.

The memory system includes the following components:

Memory Selector Switch - located on the lower left side of the instrument panel, below the air vent.
Driver Door Module (DDM) - located in the driver door, behind the trim panel.
Hall Effect Sensors - Outside Mirror - The hall effect sensor is permanently installed on the outside mirror motor. This hall effect sensor is used to provide a reference signal to the memory seat module, letting the module know the exact position of the mirror.
Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM) - located at ignition key cylinder.
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter - located with ignition key.
Memory Seat Module (MSM) - located underneath the driver seat and also controls the Adjustable Pedals.
Hall Effect Sensors - Seat Track - These hall effect sensors are permanently installed in each of the power seat track motors. They are used to provide a reference signal to the memory heated seat mirror module, letting the module know the exact position of the seat cushion and recliner.
Radio - located in the instrument panel center stack.
Certain functions and features of the memory system rely upon resources shared with other electronic modules in the vehicle over the Controller Area Network (CAN) bus. The CAN bus allows the sharing of sensor information. This helps to reduce wire harness complexity, internal controller hardware, and component sensor current loads. At the same time, this system provides increased reliability, enhanced diagnostics, and allows the addition of many new feature capabilities. For diagnosis of these electronic modules or of the CAN bus, the use of a scan tool and the proper diagnostic procedures information are needed.

Irishgrrrl78 12-12-2012 04:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Suddenly, it started working again this afternoon. My Jeep is possessed.

Wearyman 12-12-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78 (Post 14598103)
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Suddenly, it started working again this afternoon. My Jeep is possessed.

Honestly it sounds very much like a bug in the update software. Particularly since it started right after you applied the update. If possible I'd take it to the dealer to have them reprogram it.

harp666 12-14-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishgrrrl78 (Post 14598103)

Your problem is the same as my 2012 jet WITHOUT the nav radio(I HAVE THE STANDARD RADIO) and with no software update....my seats forget their memory settings and then after re-programming settings all is good for a while. Its been this way since bought new. You can read into the software update affecting your issue, but case in point mine behaves in the same manner. It does not really bother me,however I do plan on bringing it up at my next service at dealer.

gt5oh 12-23-2012 10:08 PM

Come to think of it my easy exit seats never worked?

I have a 08 limited, do they have to be a certain distance close to the steering wheel in order for them to work? or should they be moving back every time

Irishgrrrl78 12-24-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt5oh
Come to think of it my easy exit seats never worked?

I have a 08 limited, do they have to be a certain distance close to the steering wheel in order for them to work? or should they be moving back every time

Are you tall? If you're tall and your seats are already pretty far back, I don't think they'll work. But if you're short like me and your seat is pretty far up and forward, they should move back and down a little when you turn the ignition off.

gt5oh 12-24-2012 12:02 PM

I read this on another post, didnt try it yet though

"I found a solution on the Jeep Garage Forum. I had apparently moved the seat all the way to the rear when I was cleaning it. For some odd reason this stops the Easy Entry/Exit system from working. To fix it, you first turn the Easy Entry/Exit system off. You then move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. You then press your number button to move to your normal position. Re-enter Personal Settings and turn Easy Entry/Exit back on. Remove your key and it should work. A very easy fix that should really be in the manual."

The time now is 08:28 AM.