Easy Entry/Exit Seat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Easy Entry/Exit Seat

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
robert531
2011 KK Liberty 

Easy Entry/Exit Seat

The easy entry/exit feature has stopped working on my 2011 Liberty. This happened once before and the tech said I had it turned off. I don't know how as I never touched the system. This time I checked the EVIC menu and it said the feature is "on". I tried turning it off and on with no luck. Has anyone else had this problem and/or know how to solve it? Thanks, Robert

robert531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
JeepCares

Here is some information on how it is supposed to work:

Info from the 2011 Liberty Owner Manual:
Memory Position Recall
NOTE:
• For vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, the vehicle must be in PARK to recall memory positions. If a recall is attempted when the vehicle is not in PARK, a message will display in the EVIC, if equipped.
• For vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, the vehicle speed must be at 0 mph (0 km/h) to recall memory positions. If a recall is attempted with the vehicle speed above 0 mph (0 km/h), a message will display in the EVIC, if equipped.
To recall the memory settings for driver one, press MEMORY button number 1 or the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter linked to memory position 1. To recall the memory setting for driver two, press MEMORY button number 2 or the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter linked to memory position 2. A recall can be cancelled by pressing any of the MEMORY buttons (S, 1, or 2) during a recall. When a recall is cancelled, the driver seat will stop moving. A delay of one second will occur before another recall can be selected.
Easy Entry/Exit Seat
(Available With Memory Seat Only)
This feature provides automatic driver seat positioning to enhance driver mobility when entering and exiting the vehicle. The distance the driver seat moves depends on where you have the driver seat positioned when you remove the key from the ignition switch.
• When you remove the key from the ignition switch, the driver seat will move about 2.4 in (60 mm) rearward if the driver’s seat position is greater than or equal to 2.7 in (68 mm) forward of the rear stop. The seat will return to its previously set position when you insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it out of the LOCK position.
• When you remove the key from the ignition switch, the driver seat will move to a position 0.3 in (8 mm) forward of the rear stop if the driver’s seat position is between 0.9 in and 2.7 in (23 mm and 68 mm) forward of the rear stop. The seat will return to its previously set position when you insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it out of the LOCK position.
• The Easy Entry/Easy Exit feature is disabled when the driver’s seat position is less than 0.9 in (23 mm) forward of the rear stop. At this position, there is no benefit to the driver by moving the seat for Easy Exit or Easy Entry.
Each stored memory setting will have an associated Easy Entry and Easy Exit position.
NOTE: The Easy Entry/Easy Exit feature can be turned on or off through the programmable features in the EVIC.
Automatically Move Seat Back on Exit — If Equipped
This feature provides automatic driver seat positioning to enhance driver mobility when entering and exiting the vehicle. To make your selection, press and release the FUNCTION SELECT button until “On” or “Off” appears.
NOTE: The seat will return to the memorized seat location (if Recall Memory with Remote Key Unlock is set to ON) when the RKE transmitter is used to unlock the door. Refer to “Driver Memory Seat” in “Understanding The Features Of Your Vehicle” for further information.

Info from the 2011 Liberty Service Manual:
MEMORY SEAT SYSTEM
An electronic memory seat system is available on certain models. The memory system is able to store and recall all driver side power seat positions and driver outside mirror position. The system can be set for two different drivers. On vehicles with a factory installed radio connected to the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus network, the memory system is also able to store and recall up to twelve radio station presets (six AM and six FM), for two drivers. The memory system will also store and recall the last station listened to for each driver, even if it is not one of the twelve preset stations.

The memory system will automatically recall all of these settings when a button of the memory switch is depressed, or when the doors are unlocked using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter (if enabled). If the vehicle has more than two drivers the RKE transmitter recall of memory features can be disabled. This is a customer programmable feature of the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) set through the use of the appropriate steering wheel switches (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8M - Message Systems/Message Center/CENTER, Electronic Vehicle Information - Operation) .

The memory system also has an “Easy Entry and /Exit” feature that provides the driver with more room to enter or exit the vehicle. When the seat is in a memorized position, it will move rearward 60 millimeters or to the end of its travel, whichever occurs first, when the key is removed from the ignition switch lock cylinder. This is also a customer programmable feature of the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) set through the use of the appropriate steering wheel switches.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
fairmont1998
2012 KK Liberty 

Try moving the seat, then recalling your settings with the memory button. Then remove the key and see if the seat moves back.
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
robert531
2011 KK Liberty 

Hi Lee,
Thanks for the info. I wish I could say it was working. Unfortunately, NOT. I've tried everything including the recommendation of another respondee. I need to take it in. My problem is time. Thanks again, Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Here is some information on how it is supposed to work:

Info from the 2011 Liberty Owner Manual:
Memory Position Recall
NOTE:
• For vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, the vehicle must be in PARK to recall memory positions. If a recall is attempted when the vehicle is not in PARK, a message will display in the EVIC, if equipped.
• For vehicles equipped with a manual transmission, the vehicle speed must be at 0 mph (0 km/h) to recall memory positions. If a recall is attempted with the vehicle speed above 0 mph (0 km/h), a message will display in the EVIC, if equipped.
To recall the memory settings for driver one, press MEMORY button number 1 or the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter linked to memory position 1. To recall the memory setting for driver two, press MEMORY button number 2 or the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter linked to memory position 2. A recall can be cancelled by pressing any of the MEMORY buttons (S, 1, or 2) during a recall. When a recall is cancelled, the driver seat will stop moving. A delay of one second will occur before another recall can be selected.
Easy Entry/Exit Seat
(Available With Memory Seat Only)
This feature provides automatic driver seat positioning to enhance driver mobility when entering and exiting the vehicle. The distance the driver seat moves depends on where you have the driver seat positioned when you remove the key from the ignition switch.
• When you remove the key from the ignition switch, the driver seat will move about 2.4 in (60 mm) rearward if the driver’s seat position is greater than or equal to 2.7 in (68 mm) forward of the rear stop. The seat will return to its previously set position when you insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it out of the LOCK position.
• When you remove the key from the ignition switch, the driver seat will move to a position 0.3 in (8 mm) forward of the rear stop if the driver’s seat position is between 0.9 in and 2.7 in (23 mm and 68 mm) forward of the rear stop. The seat will return to its previously set position when you insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it out of the LOCK position.
• The Easy Entry/Easy Exit feature is disabled when the driver’s seat position is less than 0.9 in (23 mm) forward of the rear stop. At this position, there is no benefit to the driver by moving the seat for Easy Exit or Easy Entry.
Each stored memory setting will have an associated Easy Entry and Easy Exit position.
NOTE: The Easy Entry/Easy Exit feature can be turned on or off through the programmable features in the EVIC.
Automatically Move Seat Back on Exit — If Equipped
This feature provides automatic driver seat positioning to enhance driver mobility when entering and exiting the vehicle. To make your selection, press and release the FUNCTION SELECT button until “On” or “Off” appears.
NOTE: The seat will return to the memorized seat location (if Recall Memory with Remote Key Unlock is set to ON) when the RKE transmitter is used to unlock the door. Refer to “Driver Memory Seat” in “Understanding The Features Of Your Vehicle” for further information.

Info from the 2011 Liberty Service Manual:
MEMORY SEAT SYSTEM
An electronic memory seat system is available on certain models. The memory system is able to store and recall all driver side power seat positions and driver outside mirror position. The system can be set for two different drivers. On vehicles with a factory installed radio connected to the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus network, the memory system is also able to store and recall up to twelve radio station presets (six AM and six FM), for two drivers. The memory system will also store and recall the last station listened to for each driver, even if it is not one of the twelve preset stations.

The memory system will automatically recall all of these settings when a button of the memory switch is depressed, or when the doors are unlocked using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter (if enabled). If the vehicle has more than two drivers the RKE transmitter recall of memory features can be disabled. This is a customer programmable feature of the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) set through the use of the appropriate steering wheel switches (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8M - Message Systems/Message Center/CENTER, Electronic Vehicle Information - Operation) .

The memory system also has an “Easy Entry and /Exit” feature that provides the driver with more room to enter or exit the vehicle. When the seat is in a memorized position, it will move rearward 60 millimeters or to the end of its travel, whichever occurs first, when the key is removed from the ignition switch lock cylinder. This is also a customer programmable feature of the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) set through the use of the appropriate steering wheel switches.
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
robert531
2011 KK Liberty 

No joy! Thanks for the recommendation. I did as you suggested, but when I removed the key - nothing. I'll keep trying. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998 View Post
Try moving the seat, then recalling your settings with the memory button. Then remove the key and see if the seat moves back.
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert531 View Post
Hi Lee,
Thanks for the info. I wish I could say it was working. Unfortunately, NOT. I've tried everything including the recommendation of another respondee. I need to take it in. My problem is time. Thanks again, Robert

I know - I have the same problem.
Unread 10-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
robert531
2011 KK Liberty 

I found a solution on the Jeep Garage Forum. I had apparently moved the seat all the way to the rear when I was cleaning it. For some odd reason this stops the Easy Entry/Exit system from working. To fix it, you first turn the Easy Entry/Exit system off. You then move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. You then press your number button to move to your normal position. Re-enter Personal Settings and turn Easy Entry/Exit back on. Remove your key and it should work. A very easy fix that should really be in the manual.
Unread 10-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
JeepCares

Great! Thanks for coming back and posting what worked.
Unread 04-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #9
llm317
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert531 View Post
I found a solution on the Jeep Garage Forum. I had apparently moved the seat all the way to the rear when I was cleaning it. For some odd reason this stops the Easy Entry/Exit system from working. To fix it, you first turn the Easy Entry/Exit system off. You then move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. You then press your number button to move to your normal position. Re-enter Personal Settings and turn Easy Entry/Exit back on. Remove your key and it should work. A very easy fix that should really be in the manual.
Thank you for saving my sanity. This just stopped working in my '11 Liberty this morning. Your instructions fixed it!
llm317 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.