DVD Player bypass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > DVD Player bypass?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
LibertyMomma
2008 KK Liberty 

DVD Player bypass?

I have the full Navigation system (AM/FM/CD-DVD Changer/MP3 Audio System)
my question is there a way to bypass the DVD player so my kids can watch a movie on a long trip?

LibertyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
kristinsjeep
2004 KJ Liberty 

yes you have to get the dealer to unlock it it will cost you money. unless someone on here knows how to do it
kristinsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
mike79

I asked my dealer- he said he hasn't found a way to do it yet, and said if I find out how he wants to know.
mike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

Illeagal in most states But..

Lockpick will do it.
Unread 06-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
TehHelmet
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
Illeagal in most states But..

Lockpick will do it.
What's Lockpick?
Colorado Jeep Club Member #76
TehHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehHelmet View Post
What's Lockpick?
See MYGIG LOCKPICK for Lockpick and http://mofv.com/mygig/ for lots of myGig / uConnect info.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #7
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnLuvr View Post
See MYGIG LOCKPICK for Lockpick and http://mofv.com/mygig/ for lots of myGig / uConnect info.
Their site sucks. The video wouldn't play and I couldn't find a how-to video for installation. $250 is a bit rich just to enable in-motion DVD, but I've got a 3 day roadtrip coming up in a couple months and would be willing to pay it so I can watch movies along the way. I've got almost 1,500 miles of highway driving so there's not a whole lot to do other than drive straight.

How difficult is in the install? What's the average install time? Does that box and all that stuff that comes with the kit actually fit in the space between the MyGig unit in the dash?
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #8
MtnLuvr
2009 KK Liberty 

I don't have any trouble watching their videos. Might be something on your PC, so maybe try watching them from a different PC.

I've not done this mod so I can't first-hand answer your questions but it looks to be literally plug and play just plugging in the unit between your head unit and the OEM wiring harness.
MtnLuvr's Off-Road Front Winch Bumper, Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, Heavy Duty Off-Road Rear Bumper/JBA 4" AaS Lift w/UCAs/16x8's w/ 245/75R16 GY MT/Rs
MtnLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #9
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnLuvr View Post
I don't have any trouble watching their videos. Might be something on your PC, so maybe try watching them from a different PC.

I've not done this mod so I can't first-hand answer your questions but it looks to be literally plug and play just plugging in the unit between your head unit and the OEM wiring harness.
Was able to watch the video and indeed looks like it takes about 5 minutes to install. Are there no screws holding the center console trim on? You just pull back from the top? Then it pops back on?

$250 is a bit rich, but might be worth it since it not only enables in-motion video but also removes the restriction for typing in a GPS address while moving. Would be nice if this was only $99 (if so, I'd buy it right now). Surprised it's so expensive given it's just a small box and a couple of cables.
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
TehHelmet
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHopeful View Post
Was able to watch the video and indeed looks like it takes about 5 minutes to install. Are there no screws holding the center console trim on? You just pull back from the top? Then it pops back on?

$250 is a bit rich, but might be worth it since it not only enables in-motion video but also removes the restriction for typing in a GPS address while moving. Would be nice if this was only $99 (if so, I'd buy it right now). Surprised it's so expensive given it's just a small box and a couple of cables.

Personally, I find $250 to be down right rediculous. The thing already plays in park. How difficult can it be!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #76
TehHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.