Driving across country NYC to LA, any tips? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Driving across country NYC to LA, any tips?

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
victroia21

Driving across country NYC to LA, any tips?

Hey guys im leaving in a few weeks taking I-70 West through Utah to I-15 South. Im thinking about going to Moab,UT to visit a national park. I know a lot of Wranglers head out there for some red rock off-roading. You guys have any tips for traveling long distance im taking my Liberty KK 2011. I also would like to know if anyone has been out to Moab what area is good to do a little off roading...

victroia21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
HSOUSA
2012 KK Liberty 

Rent a Prius and save money on gas

Haha, sorry I had to. Sounds like a great trip.
HSOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Well, depending on your mileage have it properly serviced, depending on how old and mileage replace all your fluids, plugs, check your tires. If you need extra room look at getting a cargo basket or box. Keep paper maps on you as well as a GPS. If you plan on wheeling, a bit make sure you recovery points on your Lib a tow rope, air gauge and compressor, some wood, water, toilet paper and/or baby wipes, fire extinguisher.
Unread 05-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

If you're only stopping off in Moab, Arches National Park is closest to I70. Not a lot of wheeling in the park to be done but plenty to see. Stop by the Visitors center for a map, it will show the 4wd route, and all of the viewpoints. Canyonlands, (further southwest of Moab) has a pretty extensive 4wd road but you won't do it one day, and numerous other pretty famous trails. If you want some quick trails to hit, follow Main St. after you get into town and turn onto Kane Creek road. It goes back pretty far into a big network of trails. Ask anyone in town for directions, advice or places to get maps and free water. Have fun! I'll be out there next month I hope!
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
victroia21

Thanks joey, I will most likely be goin to arches nat'l park since its closer to 70...I def will look into its 4wd routes. Nothing crazy just a fun moderate way to explore the park is what im looking for.
victroia21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Well in that case you'll love Arches. I live in Golden, CO about a mile off of I70, lemme know if you stop in CO. I'll loan you a few maps.
JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.