Door latch fun... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Door latch fun...

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 04-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
jackbooty
2009 KK Liberty 

Door latch fun...

So my 09 Liberty rear passenger door lock motor gave out about a year ago, worked fine if I manually used the lock but remote lock didn't work, so I decided recently to change the latch assembly to fix it.

I managed to change the latch assembly out, great fun, get everything back together and test the lock and it all works great. So I shut the door thinking job well done, until I try to open the door and nothing happens. The door won't open at all, inside handle or outside, no resistance or anything jammed up feeling, just feels like if you try to open a door that is locked.

I took the door panel back off and all the linkages I can see through the various holes and accesses are connected properly and appear to be moving as designed (I have been studying the latch I removed to see what should be moving and what not). I sprayed lube all over it, pressed and pulled while trying to open it, even took the door off from the hinge side to try and see if it was sitting cocked and not letting the latch open, all with no luck. I am beginning to think something is internally wrong with the latch lock mechanism in the assembly I put in but I can't get my door open to fiddle with it.

Just hoping someone has an idea on how to get it open I guess.

jackbooty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

where did you buy the door latch from?
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
jackbooty
2009 KK Liberty 

eBay. It came in a mopar box anyway, and it is identical to the one I removed.
jackbooty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.