Does a jeep dealership charge for TSB's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Does a jeep dealership charge for TSB's?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 09-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
Tjschatt

Does a jeep dealership charge for TSB's?

I am trying to get all my ducks in a row for my 2008 kk and would like to get a couple TSB's. Done like the memory flash for the hesitation but do they charge for those?

Tjschatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Babaki
2012 KK Liberty 

they should not charge depending on the time and mileage (they dont last forever), however a TSB is not a recall. They normally won't just run through a list of TSBs for a car, you actually have to experience the symptoms.
Babaki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjschatt View Post
I am trying to get all my ducks in a row for my 2008 kk and would like to get a couple TSB's. Done like the memory flash for the hesitation but do they charge for those?
Not sure if you can get any for free as stated they are tsb's and not recalls. I paid I think 100 for the "hesitation rumble strip feel" tsb. I forget the technical name for it.

If this is the one you want, they said once you flash it, you can't return it back to the way it was.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjschatt View Post
If your under the factory 3/36k warranty then TSB's are free.If your out of warranty you pay for the TSB's,no aftermarket warranty and to my knowledge the Chrsyler extended warranty and the lifetime powertrain warranty does not cover any TSB either.
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Forgot about that good old warranty, good point.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #6
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I had TSB issues and the dealer just said they did them but didn't. I was also informed that after 36000 miles they're no longer covered.
NEVER NEVER buy from Fred Martin in Akron Ohio. You'll get a good price but the service SUCKS and the other dealerships don't want to help you. They get upset customers from there every day and have the attitude that you got what you paid for.
Sorry, rant over. Just keeping my promise I made to my service advisor to warn people to stay away every chance I got. If you're in the area, Klaben is good.
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Dexter612
2012 KK Liberty 

Stay away from Falls Motor City in Cuyahoga Falls. They were nice right up to the sale. The Service is terrible. They act like jerks.
Dexter612 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #8
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Seems to be the case with most dealerships. Too bad they closed so many for "restructuring". Still can't figure that one out, they didn't cost mopar a dime. They even paid franchising fees if I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.