Does anyone know if a ridgid industries 10" lightbar .... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Does anyone know if a ridgid industries 10" lightbar ....

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 02-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #1
Thegame81
2012 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone know if a ridgid industries 10" lightbar ....

Can be mounted in that space directly below the license plate?? It seems like a perfect place to run a light bar. I was thinking about getting a 10" one and mounting it in there.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/91061

This is the light. Do you think that space I am talking about is a good place ??? Thanks !!

Thegame81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

A few members have done just that by mounting it on AtTheHelm's front recovery system. Here is the link. Scroll down and you'll see an example of the light bar mounted there: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=34&t=77196
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #3
AtTheHelm

You might be able to make some custom mounts to bolt it to the crossmember, but it will probably take some trial and error getting it to fit right.

Like LF said there have been some who got my recovery system without the receiver and mounted a lightbar to that.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
Thegame81
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
You might be able to make some custom mounts to bolt it to the crossmember, but it will probably take some trial and error getting it to fit right.

Like LF said there have been some who got my recovery system without the receiver and mounted a lightbar to that.

I really like that Idea but the light bar alone is already strecthing my budget. I would def consider this in the future though!! Nice idea. For now I am going to take it to my local 4x4 shop and see what they say. This is for my wifes b day coming up in early march. I'm hoping they can for now safely mount it to the crossmember.
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
DrD28

It looks great my only concern would be rocks on the high way hitting it ??
DrD28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
Thegame81
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD28 View Post
I wouldn't worry about that. Those lights are pretty damn tough. You could hit it with a hammer lol
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD28 View Post
Check youtube for some videos. Rigid puts theirs through hell and back. I've seen em set on fire, beaten, crushed by a full size on 40s etc
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
DrD28

Just went on the Rigid site. I guess PIAA might not get my money now
DrD28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #9
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

That's my Jeep and I've had that light on there for almost a year now with no damage. I think the cover is 1/4" or 3/8" polycarbonate which is pretty tough stuff.

Oh also, if you can't afford Atthehelm's front bumper, buy his front recovery system. It's one of the best mods I've bought for my rig
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.