Do performance mods make a difference? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Do performance mods make a difference?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Cure for your Tie Rod Roll!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #1
jarheadv12

Do performance mods make a difference?

Hello all! I have a question about performance mods. Do they really make a difference? What i'm thinking of purchasing is a cold air intake from K&N and a programmer from either Hypertech or Jet Performance. I already have the Gibson cat back exhaust installed. (sounds amazing by the way!) I am not expecting to turn my liberty into a drag jeep I just want a noticeable difference from stock. So will these mods actually make a noticeable difference or would I just be wasting my money? any thoughts or opinions are appreciated! Oh and I have an 09 with 60k miles and have had it serviced regularly if that helps.

jarheadv12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheadv12 View Post
Hello all! I have a question about performance mods. Do they really make a difference? What i'm thinking of purchasing is a cold air intake from K&N and a programmer from either Hypertech or Jet Performance. I already have the Gibson cat back exhaust installed. (sounds amazing by the way!) I am not expecting to turn my liberty into a drag jeep I just want a noticeable difference from stock. So will these mods actually make a noticeable difference or would I just be wasting my money? any thoughts or opinions are appreciated! Oh and I have an 09 with 60k miles and have had it serviced regularly if that helps.
Save your money on the CAI , does not help at all, stock box pulls all of the air a 3.7 needs. All it does is make extra sucking noises .
Unread Today, 10:33 AM   #3
jarheadv12

Thanks for the info! Does anyone have any experience with programmers?
jarheadv12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 12:36 PM   #4
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Hypertech will make a big difference. How much? I'm not sure, they don't make them for 11-12s, only the 08-10s.

As for everything else, some claim yes, some claim no. Personally my friend on 32s and 4" lift used to barely pull on me when I was stock. All he had was a Brute Force Intake, super 44 muffler, and maybe a Jetchip(but I don't think so). There could be a ton of reasons behind this though. He could have hit the gas sooner, the programming differences between 08-10s and 11-12s, slight differences in manufacture specs(mine could have slightly less power, his slightly more), etc. Like I said, he barely pulled.

All that said, it's not worth the money to me for no real performance gains. Especially since the ECU will change everything to perform like stock eventually. If you wanted to change the sound then sure why not get an intake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.