Dirt cheap intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Dirt cheap intake

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Havoc3D
2011 KK Liberty 

Dirt cheap intake

So I found this while trawling through ebay, and am considering trying it. I know K&N is likely to be better but at 1/5 the price, this doesn't look that far different, and a nicer filter could always be added.

Anyone try anything like this before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-05-06-07-...b3bf5e&vxp=mtr

Havoc3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

The stock box with a good paper filter is the best system,a true CAI system that outflows what the 3.7 can handle.
Unread 11-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Havoc3D
2011 KK Liberty 

Maybe I'll just use a K&N drop in, then. Folks had suggested an intake and muffler as ways to add a little power to this thing. And since I can't modify the ECU program, apparently, I am looking at other options

I'm not trying to make a hot rod, but I feel like stock I'm getting too little power for too much fuel, so trying to find a way to bring things into line a bit. Also thinking, since people said a muffler swap is helpful, I might put on a Flowmaster Super 44. Those seem to sound pretty nice and should open things up a bit on that end of the engine.
Havoc3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc3D View Post
Maybe I'll just use a K&N drop in, then. Folks had suggested an intake and muffler as ways to add a little power to this thing. And since I can't modify the ECU program, apparently, I am looking at other options

I'm not trying to make a hot rod, but I feel like stock I'm getting too little power for too much fuel, so trying to find a way to bring things into line a bit. Also thinking, since people said a muffler swap is helpful, I might put on a Flowmaster Super 44. Those seem to sound pretty nice and should open things up a bit on that end of the engine.
Honestly, start with maintenance items first.
Plugs, fluids, clean the throttle body well, and go full throttle about a dozen times each tank. Don't be afraid to bring it to redline to blow the cobwebs out.
It'll run much smoother.
Don't forget tire pressure especially with the cold weather.
Gibson exhaust
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc3D View Post

Skip the K&N,lets to much crap past.Having a clean air filter(paper is best) will increase power,a partially clogged air filter(up to about 90% clogged) will slightly decrease power but slightly increase mpg's if driven normally on a naturally aspirated engine built after 1996.

As far as a muffler and all that you may feel a slight gain at 1st but after a few drive cycles the PCM will relearn and adjust accordingly to get back into stock parameters.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.