JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KK Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/)
-   -   "DING" Warning sound issue (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f292/ding-warning-sound-issue-1260267/)

BigD1634 09-02-2011 08:27 AM

"DING" Warning sound issue

I recently purchased a 2008 Liberty Limitedat the begining of August. 3 or 4 times now I have heard the "Ding" sound from the dash area. Like a warning light comes on, or the low fuel light but there are no warning lights on, all the tire pressures are good too. I went throught the display to see if it is due for service but there are no notifications there either. Anyone have this issue?

iviario311 09-02-2011 12:26 PM

I actually have the same thing happening on my 2008 that I recently purchased in June. I have no idea why it dings sometimes. O well, better then it actually dinging for a real issue I guess.

rk911 09-03-2011 07:55 AM

was 'Parking Assist' offered on the '08s? are your Libs equipped with 'Parking Assist'? my '10 has that and will sound a 'ding ding' warning as i'm backing up and approaching an obstruction. but it will also 'ding ding' once whenever we start the engine in the garage with the garage door open. the sensors seem to have a fairly broad field of detection.

glsec507 09-03-2011 10:29 AM

Check and see if your cruise is set to "on". mine dings everytime my cruise is still on after a few mile of not using it. may just be a coincidence but since i never hear the ding and look down to find the cruise is not still on then I think it narrows it down a bit.

Qwack 09-04-2011 04:47 PM

Yeah, I bet it's the Parking assist too...mine did that and, I was so far away from any objects I was wow this feature really sucks, must need to be recalibrated...but then I just kept backing up and found that it is like a 1st warning, hey there is something behind you...and as you do get closer it dings more frequently...its a really nice feature for parking in NYC.

VMF 09-05-2011 03:23 PM

its not park assist, its a diff kind of ding "sound", i get that too once in a while. i just ignore it

severewinds 09-05-2011 05:20 PM

My ding turned out to be "Change Oil". Which I already did last week.
Oh how to reset that... anyway :)

I had to laugh at it cuz it took me a time or two to see it as I wouldn't ever catch it in time to see it on the mileage display.....area thingy... looking feverishly for lights or something :)

My old truck had a light, the old jeep whined at the setting i put it too.

This one? Not so much. haha

Hope that helps somebody!

VMF 09-05-2011 05:22 PM

change oil ding comes with the message when you turn your ignition on, i think he is talking about a random ding that happens sometimes with ur engine on while ure driving

BigD1634 09-05-2011 05:47 PM

It happens while driving. It could be the Cruise Control being on but not in use. The Jeep does not have PDC and it is not saying oil change. I will remember to look at the cruise control the next time it happens.

VMF 09-05-2011 05:53 PM

it is for sure not cruise control. it happens to me regardless if its on and being used, on and not being used or off. what i think is, just like in programming, programmers leave some kind of messages for themselves during debugging, just to know that some event happend and response procedure was run. before it goes into production, you remove all those things, but sometimes u forget about 1 or to, it looks like thats what happend in the case of this ding. so im not worried about it. there were topics about it before, every1 who has 2008 KK experiences it, but everyone is fine.

purdue98 09-07-2011 08:37 AM

DING sound

I noticed the 'ding' sound too and noticed that it happens each time the gas gauge passes a quarter mark on the gas gauge.

Z0MB1E 11-14-2012 03:38 PM

When you say "ding" is it an electronic ding? Because 3 times now, under normal driving circumstances I've heard a metallic "ping" noise. Like what you would hear if you flicked a metal prong with your finger. It goes 1 time and thats it, making it impossible to locate where exactly its coming from. I have an 03 liberty, everything stock, 80k miles.

fairmont1998 11-15-2012 02:16 AM

Two times have been driving and heard random dings, each time I looked at the EVIC to see nothing. Worked out it was the tailgate not shut properly and when you accelerated it would move and activate the "gate ajar' warning. By time I looked at the EVIC the tailgate had settled again and the warning was gone. Close the tailgate properly and the ding stopped.

The time now is 06:25 PM.