dim headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > dim headlights

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
jebus_jeep
2008 KK Liberty 

dim headlights

Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem with '08+ liberty...my headlights are very dim. The fog lamps are brighter. High and low beams have no more intensity than the day time running lights. Fuses are okay. This may have started after I plugged in a trailer with shorted wiring (blew trailer fuse on another truck). Still under warranty, but mechanics at the local dealer are on strike. Lovely! I'm thinking some problem with the DTL module... anyone have a similar issue?

jebus_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus_jeep View Post
Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem with '08+ liberty...my headlights are very dim. The fog lamps are brighter. High and low beams have no more intensity than the day time running lights. Fuses are okay. This may have started after I plugged in a trailer with shorted wiring (blew trailer fuse on another truck). Still under warranty, but mechanics at the local dealer are on strike. Lovely! I'm thinking some problem with the DTL module... anyone have a similar issue?
If you hooked up a trailer with a short,this may void the warranty for your DRL problem because it was caused by a defect from a outside source.The only thing I can think of is the FCM(front control module)got damaged from the short.Double check your fuses.The FCM is located under the hood in the Power control Box.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 03:18 AM   #3
jebus_jeep
2008 KK Liberty 

Well, it looks like both bulbs were burnt. The bulbs looked overheated and mostly black, but the elements were still working...only not alot of light getting throught. Strange. With new bulbs, I can see!!
jebus_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus_jeep View Post
Well, it looks like both bulbs were burnt. The bulbs looked overheated and mostly black, but the elements were still working...only not alot of light getting throught. Strange. With new bulbs, I can see!!
Glad to hear you got if fixed,and it wasnt something serious.Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
Liberty2008

I have this issue too. I think the headlamps are too dim. Haven't hitched anything up to it. Would just like to have brighter lights.

Any suggestions on HID bulbs?

Thanks
Liberty2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
T1NGNR

I went with the stock wattage but 7400kv bulbs. Should have done more research. While the whiter bulbs help, I would have gone to a 65/75 bulb had I known in advance.
T1NGNR is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.