Decrease in mpg's???? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Decrease in mpg's????

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA_KK

The milage should increase after the engine breaks in. Takes a little while

Sent from my HTC EVO using JeepForum
Sure enough, after 3,100 miles my average is up to 17. Thanks!

Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #17
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

In case anyone wondered why you dont hear alot about Splitfires anymore, heres a link to a complaint levied by the FTC against the makers of Splitfires. Basically, the feds said there is no sound evidence to prove the claims by Splitfire, and showed surveys to back up their claims. Splitfire didnt argue, or try to show evidence to the contrary. Court dismissed,lol.
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/legal/splitcom.html
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #18
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

On a humurous note and not to be taken seriously, when driving on a highway just ride up someone a$$ like a tractor trailer. When I was real young my friends father use to do that with VW Diesel rabbit and get like 50mpg lol!

It's bad advise please don't try it, but I will say is that when I am on a highway with any vehicle I drove and often I was driving about 1300 miles a week. When I was driving with a group of cars at 65 or 70 and had cars in front of me and next to me. I seem to get my best MPG.

Just a side note is your Air Filter clean not blocked and your fuel lines, gas cap and tire pressure ok?
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #19
Anderson75
2010 KK Liberty 

Been getting around 17.5 the last few tanks. Only changed form BJ's gas to a major brand; Hess, Sunoco, Texaco. If it starts lagging again I'll switch back to copper core plugs and see what that does. Just gonna drive the hell out of it!
Anderson75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #20
Anderson75
2010 KK Liberty 

Poncherello, I drifted behind a caravan of travel trailers (RVs) on my most recent ride to Disney World. We were in the wife's Mazda which usually gets around 25 mpg's on the highway. We were getting 40+ for around 200 miles! I haven't tried it in the Lib but loved the results anyway!
Back to the Jeep; tire pressure is fine, air filter looks good and been getting around 16 on average. Still sucks, but been too lazy to do the plug change. Plus, it's deer season! My spare time is spent sitting in a tree stand, just as God intended....
Anderson75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #21
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

LOL, just be careful when you drift, truck drivers especially hate when you do it. I think factors such as sea level which changes daily, and temperature and humidity can have some effect on mpg. I find when it's dry and about 60 degrees and 35% humidity I seem to get my best mpg at sea level.

Another thing, which may help is type of tires you are using. I would imagine a lighter touring tire would do better than All Terrain or Mud Terrain especially when you go up in size.

Anyways, Happy Hunting! I love vendicine, either smoked, or made into a stew.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #22
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
In case anyone wondered why you dont hear alot about Splitfires anymore, heres a link to a complaint levied by the FTC against the makers of Splitfires. Basically, the feds said there is no sound evidence to prove the claims by Splitfire, and showed surveys to back up their claims. Splitfire didnt argue, or try to show evidence to the contrary. Court dismissed,lol.
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/legal/splitcom.html
actually burned a hole in my 93 fords head.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.