DDM HID kit flickering <no haters please> - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > DDM HID kit flickering <no haters please>

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaki View Post
we get that you dont like them. however the dude asked a question as to why they are flickering.
I already answered why.

Unread 10-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

HID's require projector lenses. Our reflectors cause the light to scatter out sideways. They seem brighter but they're not and shine too much light in the eyes of oncoming traffic. They're also illegal to put in the wrong housing.

There is a kit to put the proper lenses and bulbs in the housing but it's kinda pricy.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:24 AM   #18
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

HIDs are like the Pit Bulls of headlights. No matter how great the owners say they are, the poor bastard on the other end of them wants to bash them with a ball bat.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #19
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot
HIDs are like the Pit Bulls of headlights. No matter how great the owners say they are, the poor bastard on the other end of them wants to bash them with a ball bat.
Not bashing. I wanted to do that too. After researching and finding out how they work, i found out why they aren't a good idea. Besides, I can't afford the ticket or the cost of doing it right. LED auxiliary lights are less expensive and work better IMO.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot View Post
Can't say I've ever wanted to bash a pit bull with a baseball bat...

HIDs on the other hand. Yes
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #21
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Can't say I've ever wanted to bash a pit bull with a baseball bat...

HIDs on the other hand. Yes
Had some idiot in a Honda accord with HID's blinding me Monday morning,he met 320 watts of LED's all at once.
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #22
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepism
I purchased an HID kit from DDM tuning and installed it just as the directions said. The bulbs work perfectly fine when the car is not running but once I start the car and the car is running the bulbs start flickering and going crazy. I even installed a wiring harness with a 30 amp fuse and that didnt seem to change anything or fix the problem. I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas on why this is happening and could help me out. Open to try anything. Thanks!!!
I was looking through my 4WD Parts catalog and found that TruckLite makes a pulse width modulation harness adapter for their LED headlights. Might be worth a look. Part no. P0196930 $32.99
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #23
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Had some idiot in a Honda accord with HID's blinding me Monday morning,he met 320 watts of LED's all at once.
Haha, I love doing this.

Had a truck coming at me the other night with HID headlights AND fogs on. Snapped on my 2 10" bars and all of a sudden turned all his lights off lol.

Oddly enough the Duallys mounted to the headache rack stop people who tailgate as well.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
Jeepism
2011 KK Liberty 

I got them to work great. I bought a new relay harness and reground everything so one of those two things must have fixed it. I lowered the beam all the way down and havent had one person flash me. So they must not be blinding. If they blind you dont stare directly at them and you wont have a problem. If you stare at a halogen bulb it will blind you as well. Its just a little common sense. Thank you for the replies from those who werent hating, because after all in it did say <NO HATERS>
Jeepism is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.