Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Dashboard Lights & Brakes

812 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Zagnew18 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just got my first Jeep a few weeks ago, 2009 Liberty Sport, loving everything about it. I've come across a problem today, I was coming to a stop, just a normal stop, not throwing on the brakes real hard or anything. Suddenly it felt like I was trying to stop on ice, as if I had low traction control for a brief moment, and four dashboard lights came on at once: 1)Traction control, 2)ABS, 3) EPS BAS, 4) serv 4wd. Now, after this stop took place, the lights remained on, however, the brakes did not act funny again after that, in fact the Jeep ran perfectly fine till I got home. It felt as though when the incident happened, that the anti-lock brake system dropped out for just that stop specifically, and I was still able to stop with the brakes themselves just fine. The rest of the trip, everything felt completely normal at stops. When I got home, I turned the Jeep off, restarted it, and the lights all went away. I drove it for about 20 minutes, testing the brakes, hard stops and light stops, but the problem did not occur again. So my question is, is there a sensor that controls all of these systems that maybe is a little touchy? It doesn't seem to be a big safety issue since I can still stop when it happens, I'm just concerned if I'm ever in an emergency braking situation that it would happen, because it was quite random. Anyone have similar problems? Any insight is much appreciated. I've attached a picture of my dashboard when all four of those warning lights came on at once.

-Zach

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had this happen. Bad wheel sensor. Get a scanner that reads ABS sensors, see which one is bad and replace it. If they are the rear, easy to get too. I had both go bad ($20x2 from AutoZone) and replaced them in 30 minutes. One bolt (8 or 10 MM I can't remember) and snap the new one in. As for the front, I cannot say, so hope it's the rear. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.