Dashboard Lights & Brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Dashboard Lights & Brakes

Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Zagnew18

Dashboard Lights & Brakes

Hi everyone, just got my first Jeep a few weeks ago, 2009 Liberty Sport, loving everything about it. I've come across a problem today, I was coming to a stop, just a normal stop, not throwing on the brakes real hard or anything. Suddenly it felt like I was trying to stop on ice, as if I had low traction control for a brief moment, and four dashboard lights came on at once: 1)Traction control, 2)ABS, 3) EPS BAS, 4) serv 4wd. Now, after this stop took place, the lights remained on, however, the brakes did not act funny again after that, in fact the Jeep ran perfectly fine till I got home. It felt as though when the incident happened, that the anti-lock brake system dropped out for just that stop specifically, and I was still able to stop with the brakes themselves just fine. The rest of the trip, everything felt completely normal at stops. When I got home, I turned the Jeep off, restarted it, and the lights all went away. I drove it for about 20 minutes, testing the brakes, hard stops and light stops, but the problem did not occur again. So my question is, is there a sensor that controls all of these systems that maybe is a little touchy? It doesn't seem to be a big safety issue since I can still stop when it happens, I'm just concerned if I'm ever in an emergency braking situation that it would happen, because it was quite random. Anyone have similar problems? Any insight is much appreciated. I've attached a picture of my dashboard when all four of those warning lights came on at once.

-Zach

photo.jpg

Zagnew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Eagle112199
2008 KK Liberty 

I had this happen. Bad wheel sensor. Get a scanner that reads ABS sensors, see which one is bad and replace it. If they are the rear, easy to get too. I had both go bad ($20x2 from AutoZone) and replaced them in 30 minutes. One bolt (8 or 10 MM I can't remember) and snap the new one in. As for the front, I cannot say, so hope it's the rear. Good luck!
Unread 03-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #3
Zagnew18

Thanks! Based on everything I've read, that seems to be exactly the case, planning on taking care of it tomorrow, I appreciate the help.
Zagnew18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.