Dash Rattle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Dash Rattle

Steinjager TJ tube doorsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
ds6310
2008 KK Liberty 

Dash Rattle

I have this annoying dash rattle, sounds like it's coming from the area around the radio. With all the plastic I'm sure they all do it, any help as to where it's coming from would be a big help.
Thanks...

ds6310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Kennedy
2008 KK Liberty 

I have the same issue but I have a aftermarket radio.
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Very common in Jeeps and even worse in cold weather unfortunately. Hopefully Fiat will help this in future Jeeps
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
royhkeith
2010 KK Liberty 

My 2010 does the same. I can apply pressure to the area around the radio console and stop it, but I cannot drive along doing that. My main problem was a vibrating buzz from the switches along the bottom of the dash, in the center, where the emergency switch is located. I wedged a piece of black rubber under the pannel which is not noticeable and stopped that noise.
Unread 03-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
Kennedy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by royhkeith View Post
My 2010 does the same. I can apply pressure to the area around the radio console and stop it, but I cannot drive along doing that. My main problem was a vibrating buzz from the switches along the bottom of the dash, in the center, where the emergency switch is located. I wedged a piece of black rubber under the pannel which is not noticeable and stopped that noise.
I just need to figure out where I put the rubber or some velcro to wedge it to stop.
Unread 03-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
Korruptor

Mine does it too. If I press on it right at the top where the little storage bin starts I can get it to stop. It only seems to do it on rough roads, or in winter.

In summer I have something in the driver side B pillar that clunks when I go around a corner. No idea what that is. Dealer claimed that it didn't do it for them. I think they just couldn't find it or didn't feel like checking.
Unread 03-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
Kennedy
2008 KK Liberty 

Here is what I did with my aftermarket radio kit I covered it any where possible in the female side of velcro, also I pulled the HVAC vent under the dash down and could here it rattling so i put velcro on that as well to keep it from rattling. Also its not shown in the pics but where the screws mount to the dash to hold the radio in I covered those holes and then cut a slit so the screw could go through to deaden any rattle that may occur tried it today and didn't hear anything so we shall see how it holds up!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.